Please help a newbie here regarding ordering...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MichaelB1969

Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
I ordered DirecTV last week, and an install is scheduled for this Saturday. I live in the Bay Area. Now that I have done a little more research, I am confused and need some help.

For new service, I paid $299 for the HD Receiver. Now that I did some research, I see that it is listed on the DirecTV site for $199, and also for that same price at Best Buy and others. Did something change between last week and this week, or am I getting screwed? I wanted to ask the question here before I call DirecTV back.

Also, I am hearing about some conversion that will necessitate a change in the dish and receiver for HD users. What is this all about, and how would it affect someone ordering today? Should I expect to be getting this new receiver, or the old H10 for my install Saturday?

Lastly, I was told that if I ordered the NFL Ticket, then I would get 4 months of premium service for free (so essentially the NFL ticket would be almost free). Would this make them charge me the $299 for the receiver, or are they completely separate issues?

PLEASE HELP! MY HEAD IS SPINNING!

Thanks,
Mike

MichaelB1969 said:
I ordered DirecTV last week, and an install is scheduled for this Saturday. I live in the Bay Area. Now that I have done a little more research, I am confused and need some help.

For new service, I paid $299 for the HD Receiver. Now that I did some research, I see that it is listed on the DirecTV site for $199, and also for that same price at Best Buy and others. Did something change between last week and this week, or am I getting screwed? I wanted to ask the question here before I call DirecTV back.

Also, I am hearing about some conversion that will necessitate a change in the dish and receiver for HD users. What is this all about, and how would it affect someone ordering today? Should I expect to be getting this new receiver, or the old H10 for my install Saturday?

Lastly, I was told that if I ordered the NFL Ticket, then I would get 4 months of premium service for free (so essentially the NFL ticket would be almost free). Would this make them charge me the $299 for the receiver, or are they completely separate issues?

PLEASE HELP! MY HEAD IS SPINNING!

Thanks,
Mike

DTV just started an HD promo Aug 3rd which made the HD receivers go for 199 after Mail in Rebate. As for the "conversion", as per DTV's track record, there is no telling when that conversion would take place. they are calling for it within this year, but DTV has been know for pushing dates back. Also, regarding your NFL ticket question, i'm unsure on that question....Really wish i could help. Hope this helped clear some confusion

MichaelB1969 said:
I

Absolutely call them back to get the $199 pricing. The $100 rebate is only for DVR products. You would more than likely get the H10.

The Premier service should hold no bearing on the price of the receiver. You should get the $199 price.

no, exsisting customer cannot get premier for free w/ sunday ticket. simply because new customers pay $279 for nfl sunday ticket versus exsisting customers can get sunday ticket for $199 with auto renew, $219 before 9-11 or $239 regular price after 9-11. this is a new customer offer only and is not available to exsisting customers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts