Please help figure out what to get??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DarrenS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Hi, I am losing my sangel sat at the end of month, and decided to switch to FTA, I want to get as many Christian channels as i can and also i would like to get some other channels like the one dishnetwork offer in there family plan. i see lots of post where sats are but I need to know what channels/ programs are on those sats? I will be using 2 TVs and on one I want a PVR Receiver perhaps HD to not sure? the other TV just basic receiver. Would i receive enough HD channels to go with a HD pvr?? any help would be great. Thanks

Hi, I am losing my sangel sat at the end of month, and decided to switch to FTA, I want to get as many Christian channels as i can and also i would like to get some other channels like the one dishnetwork offer in there family plan. i see lots of post where sats are but I need to know what channels/ programs are on those sats? I will be using 2 TVs and on one I want a PVR Receiver perhaps HD to not sure? the other TV just basic receiver. Would i receive enough HD channels to go with a HD pvr?? any help would be great. Thanks

You can find what channels are on those sats by looking at SatelliteGuys.US - TheList

As far as dish network and their family plan that's a whole separate issue. You won't be able to receive that with a FTA receiver. As far as enough HD channels to go with a HD PVR there are only a couple of full time HD stations on FTA. There is however a good deal of occasional HD sports feeds. Only you can determine if it's worth it to you or not.

Thankyou for info, I can get about 5 or 6 HD channels with OTA signals, so perhaps all i need is a good PVR unit? If i just want to get Golystar and christian channels do i need a motorized dish? should i go with the 48 inch one ?

For Glorystar: The two satellite on one dish package they distribute is all you will need. That comes set up for the Glorystar list, but if you look at "the List" above and check out 97* and 101* KU band the channels you can add from those two satellites are listed. The 39" dish should be adequate if you are in the US. I had some wind problems and at this moment only have about 1/2 the package, but as soon as I have time will get the dish down and locate and repair the damage. (I have to repair my roof first.) I still have the TBN (5 channels) Daystar, Word and some others - tonight nothing from AMC4 but It will be fixed. Glorystar will help me get new parts if I need them.
POP

The Glorystar site doesn't seem to list a PVR, but the SatelliteAV site has the Visonsat IV-200.
It's available in both a fixed-dish, and motorized package.
Double check with them if you want a fixed-dish system with two LNBs...

You'll find a favorable review of the receiver, here in our Equipment Review Department.

And,,,, there's a Glorystar Support Department, here on the forum, as well.
So, you should be able to get any sort of help or advice you need to make an informed decision. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)