PLEASE HELP! FOR THE KIDS - MAKE-A-WISH Pub Membership Drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Over this year I have been truly blessed, me and my family made it through the Hurricane without and damage, loss of power or loss of life. My 18 year old son made us proud by Graduating High School as a member of the National Honor Society and National Science Honors Society and he recently started his freshman year at the University of Connecticut. In addition it has been a healty year for me and my family.

But this year I was also blessed to do something I never thought I would ever do, and that was play a corporate mascot and be able to work with kids. At this years CES show I make a promise to DISH Network co-founder Jim Defranco, he agreed to help one of my friends with his fair booth but in exchange I had to play the role of the "Hopper" mascot for a day.

As the Hopper I not only got to interface with thousands of fair goers, but I got to work with kids and interface with those who life has dealt them a bad hand. This year I learned that nothing made me happier or touched me more emotionally then making kids smile. There were a few encounters with kids that nearly had me in tears inside. It was so good to me to see them laugh and smile. One handicaped person that I was joking around with and gave a big hug to even thanked me for remembering that she is a person too. I can't tell you how much that touched me. While I only promised Mr. Defranco I would play the Hopper for one day, I loved it so much that I did it for five days.

This year I have chosen our official charity at the Make-A-Wish foundation. Make-A-Wish is a charity that makes the wishes of terminally ill children come true. And that is what Make-A-Wish does it makes sick kids smile. I also had two occasions this year to work with Make-A-Wish kids and each time got to me emotionally, after these touching gratifying moments I have no doubt in my mind this is the charity that SatelliteGuys should support this year. Make-A-Wish has earned a 5 Star Rating from Guidestar.ORG.

On November 1st – November 7th we will be running a special SatelliteGuys Pub Membership drive with a portion to benefit the kids of the Make-A-Wish Foundation! We did this promotion a few years ago and managed to raise $3,000 for the kids of St. Jude Children’s Hospital!

Here is the way it will work. From November 1st to November 7th for every ONE YEAR $19.99 Pub Membership we get $10.00 of that Pub Membership will be donated to Make-A-Wish! For those who opt for a TWO YEAR $39.98 Pub Membership, SatelliteGuys will donate $20.00 from that membership to Make-A-Wish! Anyone who wishes to renew their Pub Membership during this period who’s Pub Membership has not expired yet may do so as well and the time you renew for will be added to your existing pub membership.

As in the past we will publicly keep track of each new Pub Membership by posting the FIRST NAME and FIRST LETTER of their LAST NAME and the amount of their Pub Membership in a running total thread in the operations center. Let’s see if we can raise more than $3,000 this year and make some sick kids smile!

To Become a supporting Pub Member and support the kids please CLICK HERE.
To Donate Directly to Make-A-Wish please CLICK HERE.
To Donate To Make-A-Wish but have your donation count in our totals please CLICK HERE. (Note: if you do this 100% of your donation will go to Make-A-Wish, SatelliteGuys will cover all Paypal Fees we are charged.)

(Please note, while Paypal charges us a fee for each transaction we will cover these costs so that your full money goes to Make-A-Wish.)

Please do it For the Kids!

Thank for your support and for helping us make sick kids wishes come true!

Last edited:
maw.png

FOR THE KIDS 2012 Pub Membership Fund Raiser FOR THE KIDS OF MAKE-A-WISH

WALL OF THANKS!

We thank the following people for their support! (Totals will be updated at least twice daily!)

TWO Year Pub Membership (From every $39.98 Pub Membership, $20 goes to Make-A-Wish!)
First Name First Inital Last Name
TOTAL
Duane H.
Stephen H.
Darrell S.
Brian R.
Charise B.
Richard D.
Fred B.
Michael E.
Ann R.
Dan M.
Joseph C.
Tom W.
Vernon S.
Richard T.
Cedric M.
Stephen M.
Thomas S.
Samuel C.
Fred W.
William H.
Thomas V.
Bruce H.
Caleb P.
Terry K.
Steve F.
Michael M.
Daniel G.
Phillip B.
Joe B.
Charles K.
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
$20.00
Total Two Year To Make-A-Wish
$600.00

ONE Year Pub Membership (From every $19.99 Pub Membership, $10 goes to Make-A-Wish!)
TOTAL
Packer R.
Gary S.
Michelle S.
David M.
Steve L.
Dana J.
Victor L.
Jay G.
Terry J.
Greg H.
Edwin H.
Joseph D.
Kurt J.
Richard V.
David M.
Mark W.
Patrick A.
Shannon C.
Seth M.
Jerry L.
Raymond B.
Jim P.
Brian B.
Richard F.
Gary H.
Bill K.
Steven H.
Ralph T.
Geffery C.
Crystal G.
Edward H.
Luis D.
Jonathan B.
Mark B.
Karen S.
Ash H.
Eric C.
Diane J.
Niolas T.
Edward B.
Sandra P.
Philip S.
Joshua C.
Peter D.
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
$10.00
Total One Year To Make-A-Wish
$440.00

Outright Donations to Make-A-Wish Via the SatelliteGuys Donate Link (Does not include donations made via the Wish.ORG link.)
Total
Davey H.
Fenton J.
Davey H.
James R.
Michael E.
Frank N.
Glenn D.
Reinaldo J.
Ann R.
Jason C.
Gordon S.
Curtis C.
Kurt L.
Larry R.
Gary S.
Jason W.
Jay J.
Tim C.
Karl W.
Michael L.
Jason W.
John L.
Joshua C.
Chip D.
Sam P.
$10.00
$25.00
$4.19
$100.00
$35.00
$20.00
$100.00
$20.00
$50.00
$20.00
$40.00
$20.00
$100.00
$20.00
$10.00
$100.00
$20.00
$100.00
$20.00
$25.00
$50.00
$50.00
$15.00
$20.00
$100.00
Total Individual Donations to Make A Wish
$1074.19

Total Raised So Far (Updated at least Twice a Day!)
Donation Type
Total
Two Year Pub Membership
One Year Pub Membership
Individual Donations
$600.00
$440.00
$1074.19
Grand Total So Far!
$2,114.19

To Donate Directly to Make-A-Wish please CLICK HERE.
To Donate To Make-A-Wish but have your donation count in our totals please CLICK HERE. (Note: if you do this 100% of your donation will go to Make-A-Wish, SatelliteGuys will cover all Paypal Fees we are charged.)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Last edited:
A good start! Thanks to the following for their support so far!

Duane H.
Packer R.
Davey H.

Let's break the $3,000 we raised last time! :)

To Donate Directly to Make-A-Wish please
CLICK HERE.
To Donate To Make-A-Wish but have your donation count in our totals please
CLICK HERE. (Note: if you do this 100% of your donation will go to Make-A-Wish, SatelliteGuys will cover all Paypal Fees we are charged.)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Last edited:
Got a couple of nice donations! I am at the doctors not but will add them in when I am in front of a computer again.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Wow went to dinner, came home and found lots of kindness!

Thanks to...

Glenn D.
Michael E.
Terry J
Greg H.
Reinaldo J.
Ann R. (Times 2!)
Dan M.

Thank you!!!

Thank you to...

Joseph C.
Tom W.

For your support! That is the last total update for tonight. (BED TIME!)

In our first day we raised $694.19!! Thank you!

We start off day two with the generous support of...

Jason C.
Vernon S.
Richard T.
Edwin H.
Gordon S.

Thank you for your support! This was a great way to start off a Friday!

Thank you to...
Cedric M.
Curtis C.

BTW I got an email asking me what you get with a Pub Membership, first off you get rid of all the syndicated ads. For those of you with ad blockers as a pub member you will notice that the site runs faster then with the ad blocker, as ad blockers block some of our java and ajax features, so you get to see the true speed of SatelliteGuys. Plus you get access to our private Pub Members Forum which is a place to come hang out and have some fun... and sometimes you might even catch a good rumor or two. ;) Plus you get a larger PM box as well as a bunch more features, plus you help us keep the lights on for all. :)

Thanks again to everyone for their support!

Thank you to Richard V!

Who are going to be the folks to push us over the $1K Milestone? We are so close now! :)

Thank you Stphen M!

We are just $6 away from $1,000! Someone push us over that milestone please! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)