Please help identify this dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markandegla

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Hi guys, I posted a couple years ago and I'm still trying to get a C-Band dish. I had a recent response to a Craigslist ad and a picture was sent to me. According to him, it is about 6' and he will take $50.00. I thought I had seen a similarly odd-looking dish on the forum, but I'm probably mistaken. Anyways, if anyone has an idea or opinion about this dish, thanks for the assistance.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 368
It looks like it has been severely beaten.
Even when new, 6 foot "petal" dishes are marginal for C band.
I would walk away. It can't be saved.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Thanks for the very fast responses. I will pass on this then. If he lives close to me I may go by just to get a closer look, though.i

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Tony and fred555
It looks like someone purposely beat that dish up, that looks rough. If he was giving it away, I'd say take it for spare parts, the feed, LNB, actuator, etc, but I wouldn't pay anything for it.

Reactions: FaT Air and fred555
I wouldn't even waste my time getting a better look. That one is gone.

Reactions: fred555
It looks like someone purposely beat that dish up, that looks rough. If he was giving it away, I'd say take it for spare parts, the feed, LNB, actuator, etc, but I wouldn't pay anything for it.
Speaking of purposely beating something up, I recently saw where a hobbyist smashed an Azbox minime with a sledgehammer.

Hi guys, I posted a couple years ago and I'm still trying to get a C-Band dish. I had a recent response to a Craigslist ad and a picture was sent to me. According to him, it is about 6' and he will take $50.00. I thought I had seen a similarly odd-looking dish on the forum, but I'm probably mistaken. Anyways, if anyone has an idea or opinion about this dish, thanks for the assistance.
The dish is seriously damaged! Just walk away.......not worth a penny in my opinion

Perhaps good for parts even if the reflector itself is severely damaged.
Thank you for sparking my interest again. Apart from the usual items (actuator, feed, mount, post) that can be repurposed, he may have other items of Interest to me. I'm also, still, a bit curious about the dish. I have questions for him, e.g, "Why is there a feed cover in the center of the dish?", "Do you still have the monkeys that were hanging and jumping on this dish?".

Trash the reflector,clean up the mount and actuator and plant it with a 1.2 meter offset Ku dish on the mount.
Anyway, that's what I'd do.
I'm still looking for a mount for that exact project. Build a mount from scratch? Estimates have come in way over budget.

It's one of the C/KU band LNBF's on there. I can see 2 cables on the blown up pic

It does appear to be a C/Ku. How old, what brand, is it a brand that did not even work well when new, is the question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.