Please help me fix a year long issue (acquiring satellite signal)

* Interesting. I did what pabeader told me to do, and it's working.
Both of the problematic TV's have been running since 5:30 PM and it's now 11:30 PM. Not one problem.
Maybe it's just a fluke? Good weather or just luck? I'm sure it's going to happen tomorrow, or the next day?

Thanks for all the help everybody. :up
Cheers!
emotionbeer.gif

haha

glad to be of help. :up

* Interesting. I did what pabeader told me to do, and it's working.
Both of the problematic TV's have been running since 5:30 PM and it's now 11:30 PM. Not one problem.
Maybe it's just a fluke? Good weather or just luck? I'm sure it's going to happen tomorrow, or the next day?

Thanks for all the help everybody.
thumbup.gif

Cheers!
emotionbeer.gif

haha

Happened again.

the actual problem is unrelated to the satellite signal. more then likely you have an OTA channel on TV2 that is popping in and out. There is a known issue where you will see screen 015 even though the satellite signal is actually fine. Easiest way to tell is to hit the guide button and then the cancel button. if this immieatly fixes the issue, I am correct.

To stop it from happening all you need to do is press the swap button, select a satellite channel and then press swap again.

I tried this and it's not working this time.

Awhh, the joys of owning DBS.

We've had some strong storms, I'm guessing the wind and rain messed up the cables position, etc.

Any luck on fixes?

Watching History HD in Bedroom number 1 and the living room and bedroom number 2 is out. :mad:

If moving the diplexor can cause the system to function and then to malfunction, then you probably have a bad connection in one of the cable ends going into that diplexor. Cut the coax connector off and replace it.

Thanks.

I don't think I should try that on my own, I would mess things up even worse.

Too bad the multi billion dollar company will charge me an arm & a leg for a service call. :(

Thanks.

I don't think I should try that on my own, I would mess things up even worse.

Too bad the multi billion dollar company will charge me an arm & a leg for a service call. :(

That's why they are a multi billion dollar company. Call them and add protection plan, then get the 15 dollar truck roll, then pay the 25 cancellation fee. Then you total cost is 40 dollars including equipment replacement.

That's why they are a multi billion dollar company. Call them and add protection plan, then get the 15 dollar truck roll, then pay the 25 cancellation fee. Then you total cost is 40 dollars including equipment replacement.

In an earlier post he has said that he DOES already have the service plan. He called in and a CSR told him it would be $50 to send a tech. Young C, you should call dish. The CSR was wrong. It should only cost $15 for a tech to come. This would be the easiest and best solution.

The easiest and best solution would be to select a solid OTA station on the OTA tuner, that would stop the error message. Swapping and selecting another Satellite channel does not change the input to the OTA tuner.

as long as neither of the tuners are processing OTA the problem is usually (99%) solved. you don't even need an antenna, so obviously what OTA you are tuned too isn't relivent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)