please help me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

freedish

Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
i you can see i do need help because i do not know if this is the right place to post this or not.
if it is here goes...
i have a viewsat vs 2000 and did a factory upgrade on it.
now when i hook it back up to the tv all i get is a blank screen with a bunch of wavy lines. so with that in mind i am unable to do a factory reset because i am not getting the menu option either.
what happened is that i flashed the unit twice by mistake. went to hit exit and insteed hit pc to stb. then unplug unit before i realized what i did
now i try to reflash.....ok....
i open loader
open pgm flash v63
hit pc to stb
plug viewsat in
at this point two things will happen.
first about half of the time it will look like my viewsat is getting no power. what i mean is that the lcd will light up and then just as fast go dim
second the other half of the time when i plug the unit in is that the lcd will show 8888 and on the loader will show and will not load anything into the viewsat. no progress
i am using the cable that came with the unit. the one i used before with the word null written on the end of it.
i called viewsat never got an answer and they have refused to anwer any of my emails. in 2 weeks i sent about 7 emails and called 4 or 5 times
i read the warrenty and it says that if i flash the unit myself it will void the warrenty.
read elsewhere that i my need to jtag the unit.
does anybody have any suggestions on what i shoud do? please help. with out tv my wife wants to talk....
thx

what are you trying to pick up?

Reason I ask is the software that came with the Viewsat should have been fine to work with. Otherwuise you might want to talk to the company you got it from. :)

i really wantted to have the newest of the newest. on their home page it said updated pgm. so i installed it. as for what i want to pick up, i tried to lock onto t5 but no luck. thought it was the software, thats why i updated. as for me contacted viewsat, i have tried with out any luck at all. when i call the phone is buzy or i get an answering mechine and no call back. might be because i live out of their state. and all my emails are never answered. hate to just sent it to them and never hear about it again. read on another post that is what they did and it has been over a month and a half ago that he sent it. so from what i have heard i would love to try and fix it myself and be safe. still new to this hobby and it thrills me to see what i might find on the next sat or atleast it did...
right now from what i read and lack of a responce i just cant find tust in the company from where i purchased this from.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts