AZBOX Please Help! pumpKIN not working for me on AZ Recovery

upnatm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
North-East Lake Superior
Hi Folks,

My AZ Premium-HD finally quit booting, I just got the FTDI TTL-232-5V cable in yesterday. AZ's been
acting up for a while now, having to reboot from "Format HDD" option was best.

I am following Radar's recovery procedures to the tee, but KIN PumpKIN is giving me the stonewall!

I am able to use PuTTy up to the point where PumpKIN is needed, but can't get PumpKIN to save the
file-path to the recovery files folder.

My problem with pumpKIN is when I go to "Get File", the Fetch-File window won't save the path, but rather
wants to save the file. I get told that the "file already exists, do you want to replace it?". Selecting either
Yes or No leaves me stranded with not having the file path saved to do the transfer. I have tried to shorten
the path by putting the folder onto my desktop, but still no-go.

Is there a setting in PumpKIN that I've missed?, is the program fouled in some way? Could there be a
Windows setting that I don't know about?

Is there a better, or easier TFTP application that I could use?

My PC is running WinXP Pro, Service pack 3, up to date. 2GHz Athlon Dual core, 2Gb ram.

Please help, the Wifey is missing out on a bunch of S2-8PSK channels that my older, back-up
tuner won't touch! :(

Thanks in advance, --Kevin--

It has been a long time since I did the recovery, but I remember being confused with using PumpKIN too.
From what I Remember - PumpKIN is installed as a Server on your Computer, and you tell the AZBox to download a file.

I am able to use PuTTy up to the point where PumpKIN is needed, but can't get PumpKIN to save the
In PumpKIN....
Set the "root" directory to something simple "C:\RecoverAzbox\Files"
Select - Allow access to sub
Select - Give all files
Click "OK"

Bottom Right Corner of PumpKIN window - select Server is Running

Slowly coming back to me......

PumpKIN is the FTP Server.
When following the PuTTy directions, you are accessing your PC running PumpKIN to retrieve files that are saved onto the AZBox.
You set PumpKIN's "root" directory to the location of the 3 recovery files.

Hope I am helping.

Hi Lak7,

Thanks much for helping out!

Been busy in the basement since requesting help, and I'm just now
sitting down for supper.

I'll take another stab at it with your tips.

I'll brag later, I hope! --Kev--

It's the process that's confusing - 'cause you "think" you know what you need to do. :)

I think I used NotePad to write the complete commands with the IP numbers, so you can copy and paste into Putty window.

Again - Pumpkin is just a server which is accessed by the AZBox.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)