PLEASE HELP With LG TV Virtual Joey Support

I wonder why DISH couldn't come up with a small device like the new roku player that you plug directly into your hdmi port on your tv. Looks like a flash drive. Then you could have a virtual joey app on the plug in device and put it anywhere in your house you wanted a joey. I think that would be easier than trying to support it on a third party device like LG or the Play Station 3. They could call it the Virtual Joey Plug. :eureka

Vivek you listening?:deal

I like this idea! Seems simple enough, and would allow you to take the USB stick anywhere to watch.

"...the tech on the phone says...."

I think we have our problem narrowed down.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have had Dish service for 11 years so I know that I am a noob around here. That being said, I am so frustrated by the support for Virtual Joey and the lack of information from Dish that I am seriously considering returning this LG TV, buying a Samsung and switching to DirecTV. Come on Dish, I know that tech releases are usually betas to get it out there but this is ridiculous.
If you read customer reviews on Samsung & Directv's virtual clients,there are a lot of complaints about it too. first off,you have to connect the TV to Directv's DECA via coaxial cable & Directv's new Cinema Connection Kit(DECA Adapter with power inserter) which takes away your ethernet connection to be able to use the other apps on your TV,& people complain of the slow response of the virtual client.

If you read customer reviews on Samsung & Directv's virtual clients,there are a lot of complaints about it too. first off,you have to connect the TV to Directv's DECA via coaxial cable & Directv's new Cinema Connection Kit(DECA Adapter with power inserter) which takes away your ethernet connection to be able to use the other apps on your TV,& people complain of the slow response of the virtual client.
It's not the end of the world if your LG TV doesn't get the Virtual Joey app,just get a Wireless Joey when it comes out & then wait for the Virtual joey app to be available to your model TV.

I am in the market for a new TV and have emailed LG twice with regard to the LB5800 series. Both times the response I received was that the Dish Virtual Joey app is supported. Based on Amazon reviews and information from Dish, I still don't believe that to be the case.

I asked the question:
Are you saying the Dish Virtual Joey app is already available for the LB5800, or that it will be available in the future? I have read reviews from other people stating that it is not available, so if that is the case I am trying to find out when it will be. Thanks.

And the LG representative replied:
Thank you for contacting LG Electronics.

I absolutely understand your concern, and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Yes it is available on LG app store. The Name of the app is DISH. It ia available now to install.

Can anyone with an LB5800 model TV confirm definitively whether the app is available or not?

I like this idea! Seems simple enough, and would allow you to take the USB stick anywhere to watch.
Thanks , I thought it sounded like a good idea. I 'm sure that there will be some 100 reasons why they say they won't do it, but don't be surprised if this idea becomes a reality someday. Of course I'll get no credit if it becomes a reality .

Thanks , I thought it sounded like a good idea. I 'm sure that there will be some 100 reasons why they say they won't do it, but don't be surprised if this idea becomes a reality someday. Of course I'll get no credit if it becomes a reality .

You know what would be even better/easier to implement? Chromecast support for Dish Anywhere app.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)