Transferring Recordings to EHD without sat signal?

jawxx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
United States
This is not a question about how to, that's been exhausted.

What I want to know is whether you are able to transfer recordings from a receiver, say a 722k, without the receiver being connected to a satellite signal? My understanding was that you could not, partially based a vague memory from trying to help a customer with it a year or so ago.

The reason this question comes up? We now can offer an EHD to our customers, which is great. But now Dish is providing us with an instruction list and return shipping labels for the old receiver to give the customer during an upgrade to a Hopper (more likely than not) so we can say "here's this EHD, just hook it up to the old receiver, transfer your stuff, and ship it back!" What I don't want to do is tell customers they can do this if in fact they cannot. Obviously we're not running extra lines to keep the old receiver connected as well as the new one.

Thanks for anyone who has info on this topic.

It's been a few years but I thought I was able to transfer some of my recordings off of my deactivated 722k when I upgraded to the Hopper. I wasn't able to transfer them all because the receiver eventually shut off all capabilities.

You can, as long as thhe reciever had never recieved the command that it was not authorized. Best way is to perform call out, then unplug the coax. Once this is completed, deactivate the 722 and start transferring over. That should work. I have transfered from EHD from hopper, while the coax was unplugged.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)