When to order Dish

jssp8s

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
swla
I recommended Dish to my son and he just got his installation. Now I need to follow my own advice and order Dish. I would like to wait for the wireless Joey, but by then the extra $5/mo for 12 months ends on June 12th and the wireless Joey is not available until June 13th. I assume nobody knows what the promotions Dish will have after June 13th. Is the Wireless Joey worth waiting for? It might be nice to hook it up while cooking on the grill.

In a lot of instances the Wireless Joey might save you money if you have TV's in your house where you don't watch TV often. Instead of paying to have a dedicated box for those TV's you can have a wireless joey and avoid a monthly payment on TV's that you don't watch.

I have not heard the new promos but DISH would be NUTS to stop offering an incentive to new customers. :)

Thanks, I respect your gut. Your gut knows more than my gut. I will wait for the Wireless Joey.

The only promotion I know that will be ending is that Special $5 off. That was not a typical promotion, they added it quick at Team Summit and it's ending soon. It's not very often they offer a promotion that only last a month. I'm guessing they just needed something to announce at Team Summit to get retailers excited.

The other promotions are remaining the same. If your son has Dish now you should get a referral code from him so you can save $50 and he can get $5 off a month. If not him then you're welcome to use one of mine listed in my signature. ;)

Have you checked out www.gwdish.com? They are offering a $200 rebate in the form of a Visa gift card, with qualifying packages. I have been thinking about trying them myself. Everything that I have read from Google searches sounds like they are on the up and up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwdish sounds like that is the way to go. I also wonder if it is safe to provide them with your credit card info and social. You know that going through dish directly has to be safer. Maybe they are just as safe but one would have to wonder. Please post bobvick, if you have anymore information about gwdish. That would help with my ETF.

I would go through a retailer or Dish directly before I went through one of those companies. They offer absolutely no service and only care about selling what they can to you so they make more money.

Scherrman is right. I just tried to make a call to this "outfit" tells me "calls are not accepted from your area." Sorry for recommending. Just go through Dish or a retailer you know. This outfit has a form you can submit, however, after being unable to contact them on the telephone, I would not risk providing my SSN if I were you. I apologize for recommending an unscrupulous seeming business third hand when never dealing with them. I just called Dish.

I am waiting for the wireless joey but should I combine it with one hopper and a super joey or 2 hoppers?

I would get two Hoppers if I were you. They will charge you $49 for the extra Hopper, but it is well worth it in my opinion. The only other difference is the $12 per month fee vs $10 for the Super Joey. Who do you have for service now? Just curious. I just switched from DirecTV yesterday. So far VERY pleased with the Hopper system.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Directv. I added an old receiver for tailgating last football season and got hit with a new 2 yr. contract.
I will have a ETF.

I have, so far been very pleased. I have 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys. I am seeing how it goes with the 2 Hoppers, I might end up getting another Hopper if I start running out of tuners, I record too much, lol.

What is the advantage of the 2 hopper system? I am guessing that if one hopper goes out, you still have one that you can watch tv on. One extra tuner that I may never need, but may be nice to have. My motivation to switch is the sec network, PTAT and autohop.

What is the advantage of the 2 hopper system? I am guessing that if one hopper goes out, you still have one that you can watch tv on. One extra tuner that I may never need, but may be nice to have. My motivation to switch is the sec network, PTAT and autohop.

I wanted the extra HDD space and the other Hopper in case one malfunctioned. That is the main advantage that I see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)