please help with switch from e to direct

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigtrain333

Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
I live in Raleigh,NC and have 2 dishes to get the hd channels because of trees. They came out to adjust the little one because they said that in 2 weeks I won't be able to get all of the hd channels any longer but were not able to because of the trees. The installer thought that by looking at the big dish I would be able to get everything on Direct tv so I am going to switch and just went to their website to order but am confused about what I need.
I have a 722 hooked up to 2 hdtvs (1 with component and the other with a 35ft hdmi run) and tv 2 to a small lcd. Upstairs I have a 622 going at an hdtv and tv 2 split to 2 sd tv. What do I need to order? There are only 2 people living here so we don't really care about watching different programs at the same time but need service to alot of different tvs. Can I split the signal like I'm doing now? I also don't want boxes where the kitchen tv is and where the hdmi is running downstairs. Will I be able to do this with direct tv?

DirecTV's core satellite for SD is at 101. The HD is from the 99 and 103 sats. I don't know which sat has your locals.
I believe that Dish uses 110 and 119 for their main delivery. So if you have a clear line of sight to 99-103, then you should be fine.

You should get at least two HR2x DVRs. These receivers do not have the capability of outputting two different programs at the same time. All outputs (HDMI, component, and composite) output the same program. So you can use the different outputs run to various TVs. You might need a modulator if you're using coax to one of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts