please help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ericparsons

Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
i am using a fortec 11 recevier and a geosat pro motor when i do my set up and try to find 97w my motor will move but not to that sat my lat is 35.3 and my long is -81.38 so when i go on the roof to find the sat by pushing the buttons on the motor i get it everytime but when i come down to do it by the recevier i lose the signal everytime so i tried to scan the sats after i find sats by going on the roof to do it manually but still nothing. are my lat & long right or does the - in front of the 81.538 have something to do with it .i live in n.c. my zip is 28150 my dis is plumb i can find all sats in my area by manually pushing the buttons on the motor but to tell the receiver to do it the dish will either move or to far or when i change my lat & long to w or s nothing can some one help me in the right direction.

Maybe you don't have the motor/dish set to true south. Here is a little trick I use to true my motor up and tracking the arc in less than an hour. Move your dish to your true south satellite via your receiver. Now aim it to that sat via the buttons. Now if you have the use of one, use a lazer leveler and put a mark on the back of the dish. Now don't move the the lazer and move your dish with the receiver to the Sat again. Now if you loosen the motor and line the mark up and tighten bolts evenly you will be set. Watch the mark while you tighten and ensure it stays dead on that mark. I hope I made this clear, it worked great for me and I can track the full arc. Good Luck

I have a Moteck SG2100 on a 90cm Fortec, using a Mercury II receiver. The motor makes the chasing of wide feeds so fun. I do have an advanage over you..... my dish is thirty feet behind my house, on the ground.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)