Please Stand By......

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
Since we've gone digital/ATSC broadcasts, I feel like I've gone back to the sixties for broadcast reliability. None of my 12 local channels are very far away. I get 100% signal and quality on all of them. But very often now the stations have problems and off the air a bunch. I lost a chunk of Perry Mason this morning on METV local broadcast. Signal stength didn't change, just a black screen. It's like nobody knows how to run the new equipment and it's not very reliable. Starting to be a common almost every day occurrence on some of my locals OTA. How nostalgic. Small town TV stations, gotta love em LOL.

Yep, Some days I'd like my old analog tv back..better for dx'ing too. I like the sub channels since the advent of digital. So much of the digital quality is suppressed on the cable and mini dish too. Now they talk of a future with a picture 4 times or 8 times sharper than what we see now...yeah right

This new digital equipment is a major change in technology, especially for smaller stations.

The "engineers" have to learn how this stuff works, and there is no amount of training that can account for all the quirks encountered in a real life situation.

It is a very steep learning curve, stations that elected to wait until the last minute to launce digital are getting burned with digital buggs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts