Please tell me the difference between the HR21-700 and the HR23-700 receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

briffaman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 19, 2010
new york
Hi, im looking into getting one of those receivers the hr21 or the hr23 receiver, can someone please let me know the difference between them other than the 23 being a newer model, are the features different, and why would you recommend one from the other please?

Hi, im looking into getting one of those receivers the hr21 or the hr23 receiver, can someone please let me know the difference between them other than the 23 being a newer model, are the features different, and why would you recommend one from the other please?

The only real difference is you don't need the bbc filters with the HR23 and you do with the HR21, unless you are using a SWM lnb, then you don't need them with either. Also, the hard drives are a difference size. IIRC, the 21 has a 320gb and the 23 has a 500.

That is it. BBCs and hard drive size. Both are slow by the way, especially compared to the newly release HR24.

so for 100 dollar difference i might as well just save my money and take the hr21, or should i pay the extra 100 and get the hr23?

i find the HR21 to maybe be the slowest one of all. good riddance. HR24>:bow

Why is there a $100 difference between the HR21 and HR23? Where are you buying (leasing) it?

No i got them on ebay, and not sure which one to take, so you guys say i should pay the extra 100 bucks and get the hr23 for 250 rather than the 21 for 150?

No i got them on ebay, and not sure which one to take, so you guys say i should pay the extra 100 bucks and get the hr23 for 250 rather than the 21 for 150?

No, I think we would all say get the HR24. It's the latest and definitely the greatest.

Before you buy any receiver on ebay make absolutely sure you can activate it. Get the receiver number and call directv, specifically ask for the access card team. If the owner leased the receiver - HIGHLY LIKELY - you won't be able to activate it. Only owned equipment - VERY RARE - can be resold.

The exception for ebay, if the receiver was never activated, then you would be ok. Such as if they bought it at a store and then never activated it. Most likely that is fine.

Again, considering you can get the much faster HR24 for $180 range, forget the older and slower HR21 that isn't much cheaper.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)