please tell me what i am doing wrong with my azbox premium plus

Charlie, there is a fan control in System setup where you can enable or disable it. Can't remember what menu it's in but it is there on my Ultra so I'm assuming your's has it also. You might want to check to see that yours is enabled.

without the hard drive in there and the box open to the air, it made it three hours before escape died. will try to find the fan control now. thanks, charlie

fan control was off, turned it on and then put the hard drive back in and started putting in the screws for the cover on the drive. before i got the screws all back in, escape was back on. have to go back and read the instructions here. did not notice anything about a fan control but there was so much information i needed to learn i probably missed that instruction. thanks for tip. charlie

Cool! Literally!
Glad the problem was found before serious damage occurred (I hope!). I don't know why there is a software switch, the only time the fan should be off is well after the receiver is shut off. It's quiet shouldn't be a noise issue.

I leave my fan ON all the time. Some people think the fan is noisy and turn it OFF, but I cannot hear mine even when the room is quiet unless I listen very intently. You can get quieter replacement fans if you must. I think it may be on a thermostat, too.

I use the Samsung "eco-green" HDD's for my AZBoxes. I have many of them and they operate very cool, so that helps out a lot. If the HDD runs cooler, so will the rest of the box.

Another idea, to help ventilate and cool the AZBox Premium Plus is to leave the cover over the HDD bay OFF. You could even replace it with a piece of black, nylon window screen to keep it open. I have seen pix of several different mods to help keep the box cool. Such as adding more ventilation holes and slots to installing an extra fan. I have never been required to do this with any of my four AZBox Premiums.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)