Please Test The Chat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Once again, I urge everyone who is planning on being in tonight's Holiday Party Chat, to try connecting to the chat before the chat on the PC you will be using to connect tonight.

CLICK HERE to test the chat.

Remember that we will NOT be able to help you with Chat issues tonight, so please try getting in ASAP to make sure you can join us tonight. If you can not get in please download and install the latest version of Java from java.com: Hot Games, Cool Apps

Also because of the expected crowd, we urge you to get there early. :)

Thank you for your understanding!

It just says "Loading..." with a blue bar going from left to right under that...
I'll have to check it out at home over lunchtime and see if it's a port that is blocked here at work or something. (or maybe I could download the latest java as recommended... *duh*) ;)

It just says "Loading..." with a blue bar going from left to right under that...
I'll have to check it out at home over lunchtime and see if it's a port that is blocked here at work or something.
This chat is supposed to be firewall friendly. Anyone behind a firewall should be able to get in. :)

(We actually pay extra for that feature) :D

Firefox: Tools | Option | Content | Enable Java (check)
..clicked the test link above once again...
....got the blue Loading bar...
......and I'm in.
Wasn't hard. Thanks.

I'm having trouble getting in - it loads the page but seems to not open the chat room - I have attached a screen shot - any ideas how to fix?

thanks

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    97 KB · Views: 276
I tried updating java in firefox using the link provided but it takes me into a loop telling me I need to download the current version everytime. I hate computers! Too bad I'm a software engineer :/ I gave up and accessed the site fine via IE (yikes).

I can get in fine now. What if I have trouble getting in tonight? I mean if the server gets overwhelmed but doesn't crash. So I can't get in but there are still people in there to speak up!! LOL.

Guess I'll post in the problem forum.

I can get in fine now. What if I have trouble getting in tonight? I mean if the server gets overwhelmed but doesn't crash. So I can't get in but there are still people in there to speak up!! LOL.

If the server gets overwhelmed to the extent that a lot of people are not able to get in (which we don't expect to happen), the organizers may decide to postpone or cancel the drawing. This will be up to them. However, if the drawing takes place the decision will be final: sorry, no apeals! :D

If you have troubles getting in, we might not be able to help you at the last moment. That's why we recommend that you show up early. Hey, the Chat room is already open! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts