RE: congrats to all of the winners

tonyp56

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 13, 2004
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Congrats to all that won at the holiday party.

If anyone has watched TV, I'm sure you've seen that Oklahoma just got hit by a major ice storm, so wasn't able to be here last night because of no power or net...

Please Scott, tell me my name wasn't called. LOL

Congrats again, and sorry I had to miss it.

That is good to know, too bad it couldn't have been called and I could have been there, but glad my name wasn't called when I couldn't be there.

Yes, having no power is horrible. I feel sorry for those around me though, I only had to go about 20 hours without electric, people that live in town and who are on different electric company have been out since Monday morning, so my situation is much better.

Wii!!!

Got home from work and the Wii was waiting at the door for me. :D

Things like this are why being a Satelliteguy is an honor and priviledge. In my 3-4 years here, and over 2 years as a pub member, it's things like this that make me believe Satelliteguys.us is the best satellite site around.

Thanks Scott & Eva, you put on a great Holiday Party.

Got my SatelliteGuys.us polo shirt on Friday. Had some internet issues over the weekend or I would have posted sooner. Thanks for the gift. It looks great.

SatelliteGuys is the greatest.:D

Yes, having no power is horrible. I feel sorry for those around me though, I only had to go about 20 hours without electric, people that live in town and who are on different electric company have been out since Monday morning, so my situation is much better.

I'm going on 8 days without power here in Tulsa right now .. am at a McDonalds checking in to see if I won anything ... they hope to restore power to us in the next 48 hours .. 10 days total with no power at all .. fun fun fun ...

:(

The worst I had was in Florida with just a normal storm with very high winds. That blew down power lines in so many area's that it took Progress Energy almost 24 hours to fix it. With power on for only ten minutes it went out and stayed out for nearly five days. I found out later they replacement a blown part near my home with the wrong part and it blew it up. Next thing I found out was that the backup generator also was never checked and hasn't worked in quite some time. Now consider the fact they didn't have a replacement part and it took them four days to get the part to fix it. I ended up staying at a model once I found out how long it would take them to get the new part before they could replace it.

I never lost power more than a day even in New Hampshire but I only stayed a single winter and it was a mild winter at that. I never lost power this past weekend though so I'm happy. Oh and I was so ticked off losing my fifty pounds of crab legs in my freezer.

Jokewarm,

Yeah, I got very, very lucky, people that live about 1 mile from me were out until Sunday, myself was out about 16 hours total, others were out 4 days, and still yet, others are still without power, that is just horrible.

Hope you get your electric back on soon, sorry to hear it is taking this long. Surely they'll have it fixed very soon.

Sat in an Ihop typing this ... power came back up on Monday night for me .. still without internet though ... they are not even giving dates or estimates as to when that will be back up and running .... off the record i was told they expect it to be restored around the 3rd Jan !!! I'm going crazy without the internets ;)

At least I have my Satellite TV .... thats half the battle right there .... :)

Well, I missed the party also, I had power (three generators to choise from), but my internet site got 7 feet of snow in 18 hours and therefore no signal to me... We got rain and snow which made 18 inches of gumbo mud! I hope my name was not drawn. I am now on the road and finally getting a chance to start catching up on the important news SAT GUYS are the greatest! Merry Christmas to all.
POP