Please walk me into directing my dish...(newby)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Oniro

Original poster
May 12, 2006
I am in Finland and I am having problems in finding the 13 degrees East that is where I have to point my dish. The problem arises in handling properly my compass. As I am in the country side is hard for me to find technical support; I have to do it by myself. Could some one please tell me how to position and how to manipulate my BRUNTON COMPASS, (MODEL 8000) ?.

My target is Eutelsat Hotbird 1 which is located 13 degrees East. Acording the compass book instructions my dish should point almost to South, after making the declination correction. But this is confusing for me why the needle is pointing southwards when the satellite is at 13 East ?

Thanks for your patience,

Oniro:confused:

The main thing to remember with a compass is NOT to stand too close to the dish or any metal otherwise you will be way off the true direction!

A compass will get you in the ballpark but you will have to use the signal quality meter to point the dish accurately!

Thank you SO MUCH Spin Doctor for your fine piece of advise on Satlex. You don´t know how long I have been searching for an infomation like yours. Now I am back "in heaven". Thank you also PSB for warning me on something usually overlook at.

All the best,

Oniro with dreams come true

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts