Plug & Play Options?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AntoniusB

Original poster
Oct 22, 2022
Shelbyville, KY
Good Afternoon,

I have recently ditched Direct TV and am switching to OTA for the main networks. After watching a few antenna guy and Robbie Strike videos on youtube, the option of a KU band set-up sounds interesting. I currently have 3 dish mounts attached to my house facing South (former Direct TV, Hughesnet) and would like to know if there is a simple "mount and press go" package that is ready to go out of box for KU band for a few hundred bucks? I would like to use the current mounts if possible since coax is already run to them and is already connected throughout the house.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Reactions: c-spand and FTA4PA
:welcome to Satelliteguys!!!!

There is no Plug and Play with FTA in North America. It is a hobby here. The channels that are there are spread out. Mostly on Ku you will get wild feeds. 125W has some PBS channels and there are a few other scattered things. It will not be a replacement for paid TV.
Having said that, it is a great fun hobby, but you have to want it as a hobby. :)
If you still want to proceed, we can guide to some equipment choices to get you going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)