Plugging in a game system into a 522 Dish receiver.

allthatufear

Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
Ok guys I was just wondering this and I've looked and can't figure out how to do this. I have a dish 522 receiver and I want to be able to plug my xbox 360 into it or be able to switch between the 2. I notice on the back of the box it has 2 different AV cable hook-ups. Right now in order to play my system I have to un-plug the av cables from the back of the tv and use the av cables from the xbox 360, then when I'm done I have to plug back in the dish AV cables. So my questions is, can I use the 2nd AV cable plugin's? Its called 'Home Distribution' but I don't know if that means it will work for the xbox. Or do I have to buy some kind of thing to switch it between the 2?

Thanks,
Justin

If your TV only has one set of inputs, you don't have many options here. You can get a switchbox that handles video signals.

The 522 doesn't have any type of inputs appropriate for this.

Ah ok, I was wondering cause the guys who installed it are new to this, they are just apartment crew and they do this now...and they said the other one was for a vcr or dvd player...but after using it and not getting anything I figured it wasn't as easy as that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)