pluto tv??

tsunami2311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 3, 2017
NJ
What are the chances of dish carrying the pluto tv app? it one APP i use my smart tv still. and would love it if dish carried the app as that means i can disconnect my tv from internet and stop worrying about roku updates break things.

having dish and all the streaming apps i use on dish would be so much more convenient

What are the chances of dish carrying the pluto tv app? it one APP i use my smart tv still. and would love it if dish carried the app as that means i can disconnect my tv from internet and stop worrying about roku updates break things.

having dish and all the streaming apps i use on dish would be so much more convenient
I don't understand.How can you can watch Pluto (which is received via the internet) if you "disconnect my tv from the internet'?Do you want Dish to put Pluto on satellite?
Also what roku updates break things?Break what exactly?

Reactions: dennispap
I don't understand.How can you can watch Pluto (which is received via the internet) if you "disconnect my tv from the internet'?Do you want Dish to put Pluto on satellite?
Also what roku updates break things?Break what exactly?
Sometimes the roku will lock up after an update

I want dish to put plutotv on there app list like they did with amazon and netflix it has it own connection to internet , so i can just disconnect my "smart" tv from internet after I am sure the build i am on didnt break things again, which has it own internet connection.

Every major update from Roku seem to re break gamemode in some way (not activating or deactivating), among other thing like motion smoothing getting glitch on despite what UI says on off when glitch happen turn either or on or off does nothing and require system restart the simple act of changing input tend to be enough to break them, the last 3 major update cause the same issues to come back 2-3+ month later minor update is push the fixes it all, just to be rebroke 8+ months down the road with another major update.

If i disable wifi on my tv i cant use pluto tv if i leave wifi on i run risk of one of lovely update breaking thing again. if i could leave my tv connected to wifi and just disable system updates I would long time ago the fact all roku platform update come from roku and are pushed by roku make things worse cause manufacturers of said tv dont really push the updates, and same issue i been have since i got the tv are apparnt on other brands of tv's seeing i check there forums when update happen to see people have the same issue before i post anything about on same update too, maybe I have bad tv but all 3 of tcl tv have all these issue at same time (same build) and fixed at same time (newer build) or maybe i just have really bad luck I dont know but if it was just 1 tv this was happen too i would replace tv by now.

Before the 10.xx initial build I was using my TV's on my ps4/ps5 and pc and swith input no problem for more then 8 months, with in 48 hours of update being pushed the problems started. same thing happen 2 time prior upon updates. super annoying to have system restart tv every time i want play my consoles or pc cause it was happen 70% time, one many fixes people found for these problems was to disconnect the tv from internet which is not option.

latest 10.50 update change UI yet again I hope if fixed my issues too.

I have said it before and I’ll say it again, and again, and again: If you want apps invest in a streamer, Roku, FireTV, Chromecast, etc. You’ll thank me when you get it done! :)
I agree with you and if i had hdmi input to do so i would just got roku box and disable tv wifi connection, but i dont less i by new tv which not really interested in do or buy new A/V unit with HDMI

yes it does so does amazon prime, which why use them on dish now and not my roku tv, all though for some reason amazon prime app for some reason is switching my TV to "auto" color space instead of the native i have my tv set to, native make color pop up auto make them all dull, the amazon prime app never trigger that before, but not really issue

I want dish to put plutotv on there app list like they did with amazon and netflix it has it own connection to internet , so i can just disconnect my "smart" tv from internet after I am sure the build i am on didnt break things again, which has it own internet connection.

Every major update from Roku seem to re break gamemode in some way (not activating or deactivating), among other thing like motion smoothing getting glitch on despite what UI says on off when glitch happen turn either or on or off does nothing and require system restart the simple act of changing input tend to be enough to break them, the last 3 major update cause the same issues to come back 2-3+ month later minor update is push the fixes it all, just to be rebroke 8+ months down the road with another major update.

If i disable wifi on my tv i cant use pluto tv if i leave wifi on i run risk of one of lovely update breaking thing again. if i could leave my tv connected to wifi and just disable system updates I would long time ago the fact all roku platform update come from roku and are pushed by roku make things worse cause manufacturers of said tv dont really push the updates, and same issue i been have since i got the tv are apparnt on other brands of tv's seeing i check there forums when update happen to see people have the same issue before i post anything about on same update too, maybe I have bad tv but all 3 of tcl tv have all these issue at same time (same build) and fixed at same time (newer build) or maybe i just have really bad luck I dont know but if it was just 1 tv this was happen too i would replace tv by now.

Before the 10.xx initial build I was using my TV's on my ps4/ps5 and pc and swith input no problem for more then 8 months, with in 48 hours of update being pushed the problems started. same thing happen 2 time prior upon updates. super annoying to have system restart tv every time i want play my consoles or pc cause it was happen 70% time, one many fixes people found for these problems was to disconnect the tv from internet which is not option.

latest 10.50 update change UI yet again I hope if fixed my issues too.
I would guess if Dish added another app it would likely be HBO MAX.

I don't think it's a secret anymore as much as just not made very public yet but the Hopper Plus is a USB device using the Android OS that will turn the Hopper into a streaming device where you can sideload streaming apps like all those listed in here. It's a game changer. If Scott knows otherwise, then by all means, delete this post, but we've never been told to keep it a secret. We've been told it will be made available at no cost to Hopper 2 and 3 users, although I'm not sure how it will use the rear USB on a Hopper 2 with a Hopper Snap in place unless by design it fits over the Snap.

So apps like Pluto, Disney+, etc are able to be used on the Hopper now. My hope is that it means taking native apps like Youtube Netflix, Prime off the Hopper itself.

Obviously, this is a huge step that will take a lot of testing and will probably, like most new technologies with Dish and other companies, have a lot of glitches at first.

I don't think it's a secret anymore as much as just not made very public yet but the Hopper Plus is a USB device using the Android OS that will turn the Hopper into a streaming device where you can sideload streaming apps like all those listed in here. It's a game changer. If Scott knows otherwise, then by all means, delete this post, but we've never been told to keep it a secret. We've been told it will be made available at no cost to Hopper 2 and 3 users, although I'm not sure how it will use the rear USB on a Hopper 2 with a Hopper Snap in place unless by design it fits over the Snap.

So apps like Pluto, Disney+, etc are able to be used on the Hopper now. My hope is that it means taking native apps like Youtube Netflix, Prime off the Hopper itself.

Obviously, this is a huge step that will take a lot of testing and will probably, like most new technologies with Dish and other companies, have a lot of glitches at first.
When does Dish hope to release it? "Soon"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)