pluto tv??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I agree with you and if i had hdmi input to do so i would just got roku box and disable tv wifi connection, but i dont less i by new tv which not really interested in do or buy new A/V unit with HDMI
Invest in an HDMI Switch, assuming you have at least two HDMI inputs on the TV. Roku / Dish won't play well together.

although I'm not sure how it will use the rear USB on a Hopper 2 with a Hopper Snap in place unless by design it fits over the Snap.
Maybe it integrates the functionality of the Snap? I would design it like that, could be as easy as adding an internal USB hub with the Snap SoC/memory glued on the motherboard somewhere. Or even better, a new SoC to bring new life to the H2.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Maybe it integrates the functionality of the Snap? I would design it like that, could be as easy as adding an internal USB hub with the Snap SoC/memory glued on the motherboard somewhere. Or even better, a new SoC to bring new life to the H2.
Insert buzzer sound here. :)

I thought about that, too, integrating it but then they would need a separate device for Hopper 3's

I don't think it's a secret anymore as much as just not made very public yet but the Hopper Plus is a USB device using the Android OS that will turn the Hopper into a streaming device where you can sideload streaming apps like all those listed in here. It's a game changer. If Scott knows otherwise, then by all means, delete this post, but we've never been told to keep it a secret. We've been told it will be made available at no cost to Hopper 2 and 3 users, although I'm not sure how it will use the rear USB on a Hopper 2 with a Hopper Snap in place unless by design it fits over the Snap.

So apps like Pluto, Disney+, etc are able to be used on the Hopper now. My hope is that it means taking native apps like Youtube Netflix, Prime off the Hopper itself.

Obviously, this is a huge step that will take a lot of testing and will probably, like most new technologies with Dish and other companies, have a lot of glitches at first.
so new hopper is in coming... would rather it just software update for h3, considering how much i had to argue to just let them let me buy 2nd h3 and send tech to install it for redundancy purpose i still hate the whole house box idea, I perfer solo box per tv that have atlest 3 tuner but i dont see it happen.

maybe new box will actual output 1080p and not 1080i? cause 1080i/p and 4k mode output everything at 1080i even if most channels are 720p maybe 1080i the box could internal output 1080p.then again doubt it help much seeing how much compression dish uses for there channels.

Invest in an HDMI Switch, assuming you have at least two HDMI inputs on the TV. Roku / Dish won't play well together.
this is understatement, I thought about hdmi switch but i dont have room for what i have to add hdmi switch anymore then i have room for my A/V unit that 20+ years old that I thought bought replacing with new A/V unit that has 4+ hdmi and all the new stuff it would come with. but to do that I would have run atlest 2 15+ hdmi cables really dont want to do.

if Dish does what HipKat say it would solve my problem and only thing I would have to do at this point is disable internet on my tv one i have update that bug free and never have to worry about said issue again

so new hopper is in coming... would rather it just software update for h3, considering how much i had to argue to just let them buy 2nd h3 and send tech to install it for redundancy purpose i still hate the whole house box idea, I perfer solo box per tv that have atlest 3 tuner but i dont see it happen.
It's not a new Hopper. It's a USB addon for existing Hopper 2's and 3's

It's not a new Hopper. It's a USB addon for existing Hopper 2's and 3's
obviously i miss read what you said dyslexia for the win, is the usb addon gona be free? or one time charge thing? i assuming it would be plug in to hopper 3 and 4k joeys attach to would get functions?

Reactions: HipKat
obviously i miss read what you said dyslexia for the win, is the usb addon gona be free? or one time charge thing? i assuming it would be plug in to hopper 3 and 4k joeys attach to would get functions?
Yeah, they've said it's free. And I'm quite sure it would share with the Joeys

Reactions: charlesrshell
I look forward to it, and being able to disconnect my tv from internet after find build that dont glitch out constantly. only reason that tv was connected to internet was for the streaming service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts