plz verify my migration path to independance, and HDTV

MikeInAlaska

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2009
Wasilla, AK
Right now I have a decade old dish box with a 1 meter dish on 119. This is my neighbors dish, and unfortunately my cable to it will soon go away.

So I took action -- I have a 6 foot dish in my back yard now ready to point at 129. It has no LNBF on it yet.

I will soon put a dual pointed 110/119 40" dish on my roof.

I would like to continue watching 119 on my rusty old box and my neighbors signal until its too late, but go ahead and start getting some HDTV off 129 in the meantime.

Do I need a dish pro single LNBF like this:
The Dish Store - Powered by Metro25
For the six footer on 129?

And this stuff:

For now, I would only plug the 1 orbital location in the switch (129 from the 6 foot dish), but eventually I would plug the 40" from the roof into it for 110 and 119.

Will this plan work?

Thanks a million
Mike

Right now I have a decade old dish box with a 1 meter dish on 119. This is my neighbors dish, and unfortunately my cable to it will soon go away.

So I took action -- I have a 6 foot dish in my back yard now ready to point at 129. It has no LNBF on it yet.

I will soon put a dual pointed 110/119 40" dish on my roof.

I would like to continue watching 119 on my rusty old box and my neighbors signal until its too late, but go ahead and start getting some HDTV off 129 in the meantime.

Do I need a dish pro single LNBF like this:
For the six footer on 129?

And this stuff:

For now, I would only plug the 1 orbital location in the switch (129 from the 6 foot dish), but eventually I would plug the 40" from the roof into it for 110 and 119.

Will this plan work?

Thanks a million
Mike

Mike,

It is my understanding that most of Dish's HD Content is being broadcast into Alaska on several spotbeam transponders from 110.

If you have a Dish capable of receiving 119/110 you will be able to receive most of Dish's HD content.

Alaska Spotbeams 46/47 from 110

Transponder 12 BET HD, Speed HD, CBS College sports HD, NFL HD, Disney XD HD, Hallmark Movie HD, WGN HD, Universal HD.

Transponder 27 Golf HD, Lifetime Movie Network HD, Bravo HD, Nat Geo HD, Fox Business HD, Espn 2 HD

Transponder 29 Bio HD, Versus HD, Animal Planet HD, Science Channel HD, TLC HD, Travel Channel HD, Weather Channel HD

110 Conus Transponders

Transponder 7 USA HD, TNT HD, SyFy HD, ESPN HD, HDnet, HDnet Movies

Transponder 13 5 HD PPV channels, HD Theater, HBO E HD, SHO E HD

Transponder 19 Crime & Investigation HD, Green HD, TMC HD, Starz Edge HD, Starz West HD, Encore HD

John

On my install they used dish pro dual lnb's, but no reason I know that singles wouldn't work. The cover just snaps off and mounts right to the supports just like the old lnb's did. For the switch a dpp33 was used, not a 34. Three in and three out, unless you need more than 3 feeds for receivers.

Are you going to plug the line from the old 119 dish into the switch at this time? That's the only way you'll get the programing guide since that data comes from 119. When you connect your other dish up run both the lines to the other two inputs to the switch and you'll be set.

As you know from the other thread about mounting your 6' dish, you'll get a ton of HD from 129, both spot beamed and conus, depending upon your programing package of course.

I am not going to mix the old neighbor system in with the new. So this would be a stand-alone, 129 only HD receiver and 129 only hookup for a couple weeks. Will that work?

The neighbor has an ancient LNB and ancient multiswitch on the pole and I cant imagine it would work with a new dish pro setup?

> When you connect your other dish up run both the lines to the other
> two inputs to the switch

So you can mix old legacy stuff with new dishpro stuff?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts