pocketdish recall

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mt_hawley

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2005
Peoria IL
well got my 700e pocketdish and its awsome but just got a call from them they are recalling all pocketdishes did not say what problem was but heard through the grapevine that they are getting to hot

hahaha, figures, the one thing with a DISH logo on it that works...

...everything overheats from Dish Network, get used to it...

welcome to the site mt hawley and sorry to hear that.

i am kind of surprised that they are recalling them and not trying to fix them with a software release. :D

Since it was made by Archos, this was not Dish Network's fault. If these units were recalled then all the Archos units just like it would have been recalled as well.

The reported problem is battery overheating which couldn't be solved by software upgrade. This problem should have been caught in BETA testing but we all know the consumer does Echostar BETA testing.

I posted this early last week in the PocketDish Information thread.

The problem as I know it is that if you use the PocketDish for long periods of time the battery starts to heat up and get really hot. It may not be hot enough to start a fire however it may be hot enough to damage the battery and the pocketdish unit itself after prolonged use.

There should be NO REASON why this was not caught before releasing the units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts