PO'd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

betsy's back room

Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
US of
I just got DTV installed Thursday. 2 HD boxes & 2 regular boxes. I'm completely new to DTV & terminology, but I do know that everything was working great-went out & bought a big-screen so I couldy watch the game Sunday. Saturday morning, everything hit the fan! Got the message 771A that, supposedly, has something to do with cabling problems. I reset the DVR & got a message that SWM was screwed up. Called tech support @ 12:15-went thru all their steps & she said a local tech would call in 20 min-1 hr. Didn't happen. Called tech again @ 3-local tech will call 20min-1 hr. Didn't happen. Finally, after calling 4 times, tech guy came out-replaced the SWM-nothing; replaced the splitter in the attic-nothing; said he needed to replace the BLN? at the dish, but none were available-spoke to his supervisor & he said none were available in the whole state, but, miraculously, the the tech found one-installed it-nothing. Seems strange that this affects the DVR & one regular, but the other HD box as well as the other regular box are fine. VERY frustrated & needed to vent. Thanks for the opportunity to do that.

I just got DTV installed Thursday. 2 HD boxes & 2 regular boxes. I'm completely new to DTV & terminology, but I do know that everything was working great-went out & bought a big-screen so I couldy watch the game Sunday. Saturday morning, everything hit the fan! Got the message 771A that, supposedly, has something to do with cabling problems. I reset the DVR & got a message that SWM was screwed up. Called tech support @ 12:15-went thru all their steps & she said a local tech would call in 20 min-1 hr. Didn't happen. Called tech again @ 3-local tech will call 20min-1 hr. Didn't happen. Finally, after calling 4 times, tech guy came out-replaced the SWM-nothing; replaced the splitter in the attic-nothing; said he needed to replace the BLN? at the dish, but none were available-spoke to his supervisor & he said none were available in the whole state, but, miraculously, the the tech found one-installed it-nothing. Seems strange that this affects the DVR & one regular, but the other HD box as well as the other regular box are fine. VERY frustrated & needed to vent. Thanks for the opportunity to do that.

If two recvrs work and two don't, it's not the alignment...
Sounds more like bad coax or splitter seeing your using a SWM (Single Wire Multi switch) set up. Or two bad boxes, but seeing the worked fine yesterday ....

Did you disconnect anything when you set up your new TV ?
Can you verify the error code it gave you, 771 doesn't ring a bell.

sounds like a wiring issue ...or box ... try swapping box ... .. reset it when you swap it ...

Somewhere in the installation is a AC adapter that provides power to the Low Noise Block converter (LNB). Make sure it hasn't lost power.

DIRPI21-2.jpg

Somewhere in the installation is a AC adapter that provides power to the Low Noise Block converter (LNB). Make sure it hasn't lost power.

DIRPI21-2.jpg

Good call Harshness, thats appears to be the weak link to this type of set up.

The light on the box SHOULD be Green.

Status
Please reply by conversation.