Podcast Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
First, I really like the podcast app. I always thought it was stupid that my old Blackberry could pick up the new episodes of all my podcasts automatically but the iPhone couldn't when I switched over. iTunes is the #1 place people get podcasts and it was silly that the iPhone was behind the multimedia limited blackberry. I had to sync my iPhone to the computer every single morning before work to pick up my podcasts and I was always a day behind on my daily shows because they would post after I would leave for the day.

Finally Apple releases a podcast app (I think with iOS 6) that will automatically download my shows for me as they post as long as I am on WiFi. Great! That is exactly what I wanted. I'm not sure if I have synced with my computer a single time since this app was released.

Recently I have started having a few problems. My weekly shows all seem to be ok. I have a daily show called ESPN Fantasy Focus Football that is missing episodes though. It's a daily show but the podcast app has only picked up four episodes in the last four weeks. It seems to be getting only one episode a week even though there are supposed to be 5.

At first I thought maybe they were just missing episodes or forgetting to post them to iTunes or something. If I search the podcast store, every single day I have missed had an episode though. I have tried unsubscribing and resubscribing on a couple different days and I can't get it to start working reliably. If I click the episode list on my iPhone and then click add add old episodes none of the missed episodes show up in the list but like I said they are listed in the podcast store.

I use the podcast app daily and all my other shows are working correctly but this is the only show that posts episodes every day. I have a few that post 2 or 3 a week and those all seem to be ok. Is anyone else having the podcast app miss episodes recently. I have never noticed it skipping episodes until now.

I found out what the problem is. The episodes that aren't downloading have the years as 2012 in the date line. They are current episodes but because someone is dating them incorrectly my subscription isn't picking them up. It's not a problem with the app. The show is the problem.