Point me in the right direction for install?

htguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
North of the TwinCities
Hi All,

Just acquired a 211 to add to my system. I currently have an 811, Dish 500 w/ dual LNB, and a DP34.

I previously had a Voom sat mounted with my antenna. I have a spare Dish500 w/ dual lnb. Can I use the spare 500 and point it at 61.5 and receive the Voom programming?

I have no need for HD locals thru sat as I get them OTA via antenna. Located north of Minneapolis if that matters.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

maybe a stupid question but I will want 1 of the 2 lnbs on the new 500 to be pointed at 61.5 and the lnb that is pointed at 61.5 should have a coax running to the DP34.

quick question (altho has nothing to do with your antennae questions) will the 211 be replacing the 811, or were you going to add it on??? reason asking, 811 is mpeg2 and the 211 is mpeg4. hd programming (from what ive been told) isnt compatible between the two receivers. if im wrong, would someone else chime in and correct. hope you see the point im tryin to make.

so the 811 and 211 will share programming. thats nice to know because retail services told my shop manager that they wouldnt, and alot of our customers have the mpeg2 equip, but dont want to upgrade all of their equipment just for 1 new receiver. we were told that if they upgraded to the mpeg4 receivers, all existing hd receivers would become sd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)