Poker Face - Peacock

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Finally, they have a hit show. Renewed for season 2. I can't say it's the greatest thing streaming, but Natasha Lyonne is one of a kind and fun to watch. Also lots of great guest stars.

Another show, I am so behind, still catching up on shows and movies that came out in 2021.

And I am retired and still do not have enough time.

Plan to watch when it is all available in a couple weeks.

I have read some favorable comparisons of her character to Columbo from long ago.

Plan to watch when it is all available in a couple weeks.

I have read some favorable comparisons of her character to Columbo from long ago.
That was the intention. Even the title fonts/size are nearly identical.

Its OK. While I get the Columbo reference, it also owes a lot to shows like Route 66, Moving On, and The Fugitive. The protagonist is in a different state with a different job and a different set of supporting characters every week.

Clearly the working title of the show was not "Poker Face" but what she says when she detects lying, which would be shared with an old Penn & Teller show.

The new episode with Nick Nolte and Cherry Jones was VERY good. Best one so far.

Reactions: dfergie
Started watching this last night. I enjoyed the episode but I'm not sure yet about the actress. Maybe she will grow on me.