Polar axis mount scale and bolts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

colbec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Eastern Ontario, Canada
There is a paper scale attached to the long threaded rod on this 10' Channel Master polar mount. It is glued to a flat side of the threaded bolt, and the scale runs from 48 to 56. I'm sure that I can just ignore this and go ahead and use a declinometer to set the polar axis angle, but I'm just a bit puzzled by these numbers.

From http://www.satellitehelp.com/installation_index.asp the polar axis angle for my latitude is about 45 deg which puts it outside the scale on the bolt. Since I don't have any instructions for this dish, can anyone clarify whether I am just missing the rest of the scale, or is it intended to be read differently?

Also the above page talks about the 'apex elevation' but I could not find a clear explanation of what this is?

Looks like the only parts I am missing from the dish is the 4 bolts that attach the base of the polar mount to the plate that is attached to the top of the pole. Looks like this is designed to allow some movement once the pole top plate is tightened down, and it appears to be expecting a bolt with a square shoulder?

I think that scale might be for the declination angle.

I just got a 10ft Channel Master and it's hard to find specific information for that particular dish but the links provided from here are pretty good. I think I can get the dish going if I can find a good pole for it.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to reassemble the dish since I took the ring apart to paint it. I made some drawings but they don't make sense to me now.

I took mine completely apart to paint the components as well, and I'm now in the process of putting it up on a temporary pole to see if it works. I've got it pretty clear in my head where everything goes, and am working on a system to get it back up as a one-person job, since help is hard to find here. If you have any issues fitting the pieces back together, post back again and maybe we can work it out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)