Polar Mount for 2.3M Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

adrian

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
I am looking for information to build my own Polar Mount.Can someone kindly assist.

I would suggest looking around the neighborhood at old/unused BUD dishes and talking the owners out of the dish and using the polar mount from it and modifying it to your project. However, you may then decide to keep the BUD instead.

Al

Al is right.
I have tried to find a mount, but most dishes come with the mount as paret of the dish. The polar mount brace should not need to be replaced, but the actuator arm may go bad over time.

I plan to study my polar mount from my recent $10.00 BUD purchase to see if I could fabricate one on my own. But that project is way down the road.

It seems like you should be able to mount, say a 1.2M dish on a C-Band mount or something like it.
I've been thinking along those lines, but am still puzzling over the mounting of the offset dish since the mounting point would be in a different location than a C-Band dish.
It would be an interesting contraption to mess with.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts