Polarizer Question - 4DTV and FTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bmcglynn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Hi,

I am getting ready to put up a 12' BUD in the front lawn, and want to use the system for 4DTV and FTA. I would like to have a single LNB in place that both receivers can control by simply switching the coax.

My current Chaparral feedhorn requires 5V to switch polarity - of which the 920 4DTV unit can control. My AzBox does the 12/18V on the line to control the polarity.

• Is there a LNBF that can handle both 5V external and 12/18V in-coax polarity switching?
  • Is there an adapter for the 4DTV that converts 5V signaling inserting 12/18V signalling on the line?
  • Is there an adpter for my AzBox that can split out 12/18V signaling to 5V external signalling? I looked at the VBox, and it only does DiseqC control.
I am reluctant to slave to the 4DTV unit since it will be a real pain.

Thanks.
Brian

Switch to an LNBF

The 4DTV and your FTA receiver can both do 13/18- H/V switching through the coax. No need for the antique polarotor, and troublesome servo motor. :)

If you change to an LNBF, usually the 4DTV needs the "Rotate 90" option selected in the LNB Setup Menu. Then the FTA unit and 4DTV polarities will match.

if your not going to use a corotor or other polarizing type feedhorn then go with a dual output lnbf. You can configure the 4dtv in the setup menu to do the 13/18 volt switching.
of course the fta box will do lnbf's.

One thing to remember is your 4dtv may have to have the option "rotated 90 degrees" check marked. if my memory serves me right....the 4dtv for some reasons sees normal fta polarity as 90 degrees out.

One thing to remember is your 4dtv may have to have the option "rotated 90 degrees" check marked. if my memory serves me right....the 4dtv for some reasons sees normal fta polarity as 90 degrees out.
The wierd thing about this, is my other GI boxes (DSR-4200v and DSR-410) see the polarity the same as the FTA boxes...just my 4DTV DSR-920 is opposite ( rotated 90) :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)