Pole mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
I can't put a directv system on my house because of blockage by some trees. I am going to install a pole about 30 or 40 ft away with clear view to all the directv satellites but not sure about 119. I am interested in all the hd services. Do I need that satellite with a clear view too?

I was going to do this a month or two ago but wanted to wait until warmer weather to install the pole.

Lem52

I can't put a directv system on my house because of blockage by some trees. I am going to install a pole about 30 or 40 ft away with clear view to all the directv satellites but not sure about 119. I am interested in all the hd services. Do I need that satellite with a clear view too?

I was going to do this a month or two ago but wanted to wait until warmer weather to install the pole.

Lem52

All the HD (except for the old MPEG2 HD channels which are also mirrored on MPEG4) is on 99 and 103, you don't need 119 unless your SD locals are there.

Got the 2 inch od pole up and mounted in concrete 2 feet deep.
Have a large steel bolt running thru the middle of the pole in there to keep it from ever turning.

I have another question. How much coax will i recieve free from an installer since i will bury it myself where it runs along the ground? Maybe I won't get any for that matter, but what can I expect to pay for the coax if I can't swing a deal with him?

Lem52

Got the 2 inch od pole up and mounted in concrete 2 feet deep.
Have a large steel bolt running thru the middle of the pole in there to keep it from ever turning.

I have another question. How much coax will i recieve free from an installer since i will bury it myself where it runs along the ground? Maybe I won't get any for that matter, but what can I expect to pay for the coax if I can't swing a deal with him?

Lem52

you should get as much as it requires. If you have a particular path that you want to bury it, just have him lay out enough to go on that path. Get a few extra feet too. Coax is cheap. If you've already put up the pole, I'm sure he'll be more than willing to work with you.

you should get as much as it requires. If you have a particular path that you want to bury it, just have him lay out enough to go on that path. Get a few extra feet too. Coax is cheap. If you've already put up the pole, I'm sure he'll be more than willing to work with you.

You get 125' of cable per/ird. I would not say coax is cheap, when a typical installer can go thru $200.00 or more a week.

Make sure that they install as many coax lines that the dish supports (either one for the SWMLine dish or 4 for the regular Slimline dish).

Which one is most often installed? I don't know if I can control what dish Directv the installer might install. I am going to be using the HD Plus DVR, a standard receiver in another room and later I am putting another HD receiver in my computer room.

I was trying to go thru Plasma Concepts to order my system but after I type in the required information when the site says order directv, and get to the directv site, it says i have already registered and i can't order anything. I tried using diferent email addresses but still it would not let me in even after resetting the password. I always get the notice that " our systems are unavailable" everytime!

lem52

Last edited:
You'll get a slimline. It will have either 1 output or 4 outputs. If it's a pole mount, get them to run all of the outputs at least up to the house.

As of right now, the SWM dish is not being used at all in areas where freezing temperatures can occur. Additionally, you never know if at some point you might need additional cabling so burying extra lines now is a smart thing to do. Run the four cables to your interface, dig only once.

I was trying to go thru Plasma Concepts to order my system but after I type in the required information when the site says order directv, and get to the directv site, it says i have already registered and i can't order anything. I tried using diferent email addresses but still it would not let me in even after resetting the password. I always get the notice that " our systems are unavailable" everytime!

lem52

Try calling them up to order.
If you had direcTV less than 2yrs ago, you don't count as a new customer.
However when I had them try a different phone number, it did work. i was at a different address though so I don't know if that is a factor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts