This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pole size for pole mount install

E*Dude

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
What size pole (outer diameter) does a 1000.2 require?

My 1000.2 is mounted on a 1 1/2" diameter pole (outside measurement). Just went out and measured it.

Ed

This is also the pole diam. for the new EA 1000.4 dish (OD 1 5/8"). The pole diam. for the slimline DirectTV dish is 2" .

I saw a nice looking, 6x6" wood post, painted almost the color of the Dish. Looked good in that particular yard.

I saw a nice looking, 6x6" wood post, painted almost the color of the Dish. Looked good in that particular yard.

You put a treated pc. of pine 6 x 6 in concrete and it will stay with you. The poles are only about .030 a side wall thickness.

I recently moved into a new house. The previous owner had a slimline directv dish. The slimline was on a 2 3/8 pole (I believe). I currently have a 1000.2 rigged onto the 2 3/8 pole. Every time the wind blows hard I loose signal, and have to correct the dish. I was wondering if anyone knew of an adapter to "downsize" a 2 3/8 pole to 1 5/8 OD for the 1000.2 . Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

there are pole adapters, however the thin walls of the direct slimline mast (mount) wouldn't stand up to the leverage long,best bet is to mount a new mast
designed for 1000.2 (1 5/8")