POLL: Do you have a 2nd Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have 2nd dish pointing at 61.5. :smug

Still unwilling to pay the $5.00 upgrade fee just to get what should have been included in the $9.99 HD package to make it a worthwhile. :no

I guess Echostar will ask for at total of $24.99 when they provide all 21 Voom HD channels. Add that to your current cost & fees, and see where you wind up? $$$$ :mad:

Oink, Oink

Have a recently installed 500 Quad feeding my downstairs. Also two really old singles from way, way back for 119 & 110 feeding into my PC with HD (HiPix) and FTA cards. Also feeding the PC is a recently installed dish pointed at 148 (my "locals" are on 148). Then there's the V* at 61.5 which I'm hooking up via SW21 with one 500 Quad feed to my E* 811. Then....have an older 500 Dual feeding two 7200 Dishplayers upstairs. Yes, people do ask about all the dishes. House layout makes running cables very difficult. Luckily I can get HD locals with inside antenna but so close to TV towers that can hardly get analog locals with antenna. So that makes SIX dishes!!! WHEW!!! I was thinking I only had five until I just now started counting. Four are on the roof; last two installed, Quad 500 and V* are mounted on each side of second story deck. Hopefully no more holes in the roof.

Fgsilva said:
But, the funny thing is, those new HD channels don't seem that hot, and I'll probably wont' really watch them but it's the principle of having more HD!!!! :D

Equator is FABULOUS!!! I'll bet many former V* subs will probably agree that paying the extra is money well spent just to get Equator. Lab was the second most watched here especially the real Fish tanks. Really sorry to see that it isn't included in the package. :bounce

I just put in a direct tv dish at 61.5 No, that is NOT a typo. I modified the rectangular arm and put a twin pro head on the end of it. It looks like a little monster crawling around the tan bark because I had to mount it low. It's only temporary until I get my Toroidal 90 on a post and go with a legacy setup again using a SW64 switch.

Fgsilva said:
ordered the 3rd dish for 61.5. Previous installer already said trees were blocking 61.5 site but I decided to give it a try anyway. If they can't get it going Dish says I'll wont' have to pay the$100 installation. I'll try to get a pole to extend the dish higher and then cross my fingers. But, the funny thing is, those new HD channels don't seem that hot, and I'll probably wont' really watch them but it's the principle of having more HD!!!! :D
Drop Them :)

SD for 105/110.
39" with DP lnbf for 119 < just wanted better sig during rain.
D500 for 61.5

IRD's
301x3

I had two until recently, then added a third to get 61.5.
I started with D500 for 110/119, then got the second for 148 (must carry w/ locals). I had long ago purchased an expressvu dish prior to getting the must carry install, so dusted it off and installed it for 61.5. As part of this process, I upgraded all LNBs to DishPro.

I have two dishes up on the roof ...one for Direct and one was at 61.5 for VOOM. I plan to sub to Dish HD just as soon as I see what Direct is or isnt going to add as far as HD goes.

3 dishes
1 dish 300 with plus lnb for 61.5/3
1 SD for 105/110 (installer thought he could get 119 with this)
1 Dish 500 (one lnb) for 119.

3 Locations.. 300 is where my DirecTV was
SD is at other end of house
500 is on a tree shooting between trees and is and has been a very solid shot (snow does not get on it and wipe out satellite like on the other two)

3 dishes.
Dish 500 for 110/119
Old original dish for 148
21" for 61.5 as it's at 11 degrees EL.
Upgraded to DP last year.

And found another dish new in the box in the garage....hmmmm.....

Actually have 5 dishes

119 (switch for both dish and dtv)

101 (DTV)

I live in a forest, so I cannot get any 2 together clearly.

Dishes are way up in sturdy pine and oak trees all over my yard. Underground cables run to one tree, where the multiswitches are, 4 wires come underground to my network closet, where the rcvrs are.

1 wire for dtv
1 wire for 110/119 (dish), connectted to 61.5 with an sw-21 in the basement
1 wire for bev (91,82)
1 spare.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)