POLL: Do you have a 2nd Dish?

I still have a small round pointed at 61.5, but it is no longer hooked up. It's left over from back in the day when all the HD from Dish was on the 61.5 sat. It got left out of the mix after I added a 510 to go along with my 6000. At the time the only HD left on 61.5 was the Demo channel and CBS-HD (which I was not allowed to even think about trying to get, according to my local CBS affiliate). Therefore I saw no reason to insist that it be left active. Plus, the installer was a young guy who was having enough trouble figuring out which LNB's and switches to use for the just the Dish 500. I certainly wasn't going to confuse the poor bast*rd any more than I had to.

I think all I have to do is locate my old SW21 switch and hook it in behind the SW44 and run that line to my 6000 and I will be back on line with 61.5

I'm a renter who never got landlord's permission to put up the 1st dish two and a half years ago (since forgiven). I was interested in switching to VOOM late last year until I heard the VOOM dish couldn't occupy the same spot as my current E* dish, forcing me to add a second dish somewhere else on the roof.

I just added cable for the HD DVR and may stick with them once my E* contract is up (for an 811 upgrade) unless E* comes up with a way for me to get VOOM channels without a second dish.

the second dish

I have multiple dishes
3 dish 300's
one at 61.5

one at 110

one at 119 for my 3 main receivers

a dish 500 with a dp twin for my 811

another dish 300 with a dp single for 61.5

and a dish 500 on the garage for the tv in the garage

I will have mu bud 8' for c and ku

I have a dish 500 and a second dish pointed at 61.5 Got it free cause one Pittsburgh local is on that bird. Good luck for me with voom hd. Now to try to get a HD DVR.

I will be getting on for the 61.5 bird this saturday! Let the HD begain!!!!!!!!!!!

2 dish 500s.. a single at 148 and a dual at 110/119
Personally I'd rather have another 500 added pointing at 61.5 than bother with moving it (not like the guy down the street isn't any worse) -- he's got 5 dishes on his roof and a c-band in his yard hahahahaa.

If echostar broadband is any better than the stinky brown loafs that starband/direcway are trying to squeeze then I might make that 4 dishes ;)

OoTLink said:
2 dish 500s.. a single at 148 and a dual at 110/119
Personally I'd rather have another 500 added pointing at 61.5 than bother with moving it (not like the guy down the street isn't any worse) -- he's got 5 dishes on his roof and a c-band in his yard hahahahaa.

If echostar broadband is any better than the stinky brown loafs that starband/direcway are trying to squeeze then I might make that 4 dishes ;)

yea I wish there was some more info on echostar broadband and if its coming out this year if not I am gonna go with wildblue.

Yes, so far five dishes.

Attachments

• S3400044.JPG
    S3400044.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 145
  • S3400043.JPG
    S3400043.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 172
I have Dish 500 pointed at 110/119 and a VOOM dish pointed at 61.5 (but no Voom10... because I've been a loyal Dish sub for 8 years now...) and one Dish 500 sitting on a shelf in the garage.

I don't need one right now, but I install a lot of them for customers. I have a supply of all kinds of dishes, lnbs and switches.

If I ever go to hdtv, I'll just throw one up there.

chastulsa said:
Curious to see the results!

ordered the 3rd dish for 61.5. Previous installer already said trees were blocking 61.5 site but I decided to give it a try anyway. If they can't get it going Dish says I'll wont' have to pay the$100 installation. I'll try to get a pole to extend the dish higher and then cross my fingers. But, the funny thing is, those new HD channels don't seem that hot, and I'll probably wont' really watch them but it's the principle of having more HD!!!! :D

Fgsilva said:
ordered the 3rd dish for 61.5. Previous installer already said trees were blocking 61.5 site but I decided to give it a try anyway. If they can't get it going Dish says I'll wont' have to pay the$100 installation. I'll try to get a pole to extend the dish higher and then cross my fingers. But, the funny thing is, those new HD channels don't seem that hot, and I'll probably wont' really watch them but it's the principle of having more HD!!!! :D

Installer is gone. No way to get 61.5. oh well, perhaps when I move out of this house... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)