POLL: Do you have a 2nd Dish?

chastulsa: You need to add a selection for those that have a second dish pointing at 148.

NightRyder

When I moved three months ago, the installer tried to discourage me from getting the second dish. He pointed out that only one of my local channels was on that satellite (a religious station that I never watch). But thanks to these forums, I knew that with the second dish I could get CBS HD - and they had to install it for no extra charge. So I insisted on the second dish, and now I'm really glad I did!

Talked to a CSR Rep for HD and she said that they are manily offering the Voom HD to get the VOOM folks back up running. Thats probally the main reason why the Voom Channels are at 61.5. So I guess smart move on Dish part to get the X Voom Customers to come to Dish instead of Direct. As far as majorty of the Dish HD Subscribers you can get the Voom HD with second Dish so on. But Im going to waite since we all know the MPEG 4 receivers will be out soon and most of all of use will half to pay something for that. So Im not going to spend the money now when in the near future all of the HD channels will be moved around. That wall all of the HD subcribers can get them on one dish plus with MPEG 4 receivers. So Im glad to see Dish adding more but also helping out the Voom Customers.

I had a dish pointing at 61.5 for years but in the last few months changed it to FTA. Guess I am going to add another dish this week. Not getting rid of my FTA

John Walsh said:
Not getting rid of my FTA
F'N A (that's New Jerseyan for 'indeed'). :)

I guess I'll take advantage of the nonspecificity of the top post by saying I do have a second dish, 30" motorized for FTA. :)
(but no, I don't have one at 61.5 and don't need it... just yet anyway ;))

How about: No, but I will when they offer it for free (ok, I'd bite even if it were $50).

Second dish currently pointed at 140. DESPERATELY trying to get it pointed at 61.5 now if I can either get rid of some 100+ feet pine trees or attached the dish to a pole to be able to lock the bird! :eek:

Fgsilva said:
Second dish currently pointed at 140. DESPERATELY trying to get it pointed at 61.5 now if I can either get rid of some 100+ feet pine trees or attached the dish to a pole to be able to lock the bird! :eek:

I meant pointed at 148! got it for free in order to get some of my locals.

I have a second dish for locals, in Chicago area. 2,5,7,9,11,32,50 and 66, but I've found that the upper channels also broadcast real time locals too.

I have a second dish for locals, in Chicago area. 2,5,7,9,11,20,32,50 and 66, but I've found that the upper channels also broadcast real time locals too.

I got mine installed almost two years ago. It is beside my primary dish which is pointing south. The other is pointing East. I did not know that dish would be capable of recieving more channels other then TBS. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)