Poll, Do you have your NEW smartcards yet? (Dec poll)

Poll, Do you have your NEW smartcards yet?

• Yes

Votes: 171 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 88 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have gotten a message to this effect twice on my 722:

Your smartcard is not authorized to view this channel.

I had to reset the DVR to clear the error. I guess I'll be contacting Dish tech chat.

Ted

I have gotten a message to this effect twice on my 722:

Your smartcard is not authorized to view this channel.

I had to reset the DVR to clear the error. I guess I'll be contacting Dish tech chat.

Ted

Well, Dish told me they did not know why I was receiving this error, but I don't need the new smart cards for a while yet. They just said to contact them if I get the message again.

Ted

I just received the call that new smart cards should be arriving for my receivers (622 and 722) within 10 days. I probably have one of the oldest 622s still working at the original install site. Up and running since mid-February of 2006.

Received 3 cards last week. Put them in and everything said ok. Two days later received a pre-recorded message that my cards would arrive in the next week and I must put them in to keep programming. Today, I looked at My Account online and the old card #s are there not the new ones. Can E* do anything right?

i've got a 625 and a 301. i got these installed summer 2008. i don't know if my receivers are too new to need an upgrade but we never got any cards. my 625 does not have a card in it.

got my cards now, popped them in and was fine, yay how excited I am. NOT

cards are purple, can I get Barney in HD now?

I received my cute little purple smart card in the mail yesterday. I am on the Eastern Arc and before activating the new smart card I could not receive any of the programming from 72.7°W, only from 61.5°W and 77°W. Apparently everything on 72.7°W is MPEG-4 and requires both a smart card and a ViP receiver.

I guess with the MPEG-4 encoding the saved recordings should be a bit smaller - even HD stuff.

I just received the call that new smart cards should be arriving for my receivers (622 and 722) within 10 days. I probably have one of the oldest 622s still working at the original install site. Up and running since mid-February of 2006.

I guess I wasn't too far behind you. I've had my replacement 622 since mid-May 2006. The original one had a bad HDMI plug on it and Dish promptly replaced it.

I guess I wasn't too far behind you. I've had my replacement 622 since mid-May 2006. The original one had a bad HDMI plug on it and Dish promptly replaced it.
Not far at all, Rick, and the replacement must be doing well. I sure love the larger HDD on the 722 though--what a difference! :D (Yes, I have EHD on each, but still... )

Got the cards 2 days after the phone call. Installed with no problems.

DISH left a phone message the other day saying the new card was on the way. Have not received it as yet.

It has been two weeks since they left the message and no cards. Now a second message from them saying that we should have recieved the new cards and to install them before losing programming. What programming will I be losing and when? Hopefully the cards are "in the mail".

I still haven't gotten the new cards, lol. Not a sign of them!

Edit: Just Dish's bills, the annoying "Oh you missed the payment by 2 days so now you have to pay this month AND next month!" ones.

I'm getting kinda sick of paying ~$100 every 2 months lol. Unfortunately that bill comes about a week before I get paid :\ Hey maybe I should sign up for autopay! Oooh that'd be fun (kinda like Vonage, lmao it always comes at JUST the right time)

Hit menu twice. Under smart card id if it says "DshH02" you are good to go.

Not sure how you know all of these things. but many thanks gddarwin for your input. I was concerned why I had not received any notice of a need for a smart card, and now I am under the impression that I will not need one. My menu reads as you state, so I will not be getting one??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts