Poll: Fire Stick or Roku?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fire Stick or Roku?

• Fire Stick

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Roku

Votes: 27 79.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ncted
msmith198025

I bit the bullet and dropped the $200 on the Shield Pro.
Holy MOLEY! What a game-changer and the graphics processing/upscaling is a big jump from the Firestick.

This is like the Tesla of streaming lol

We have done the same thing, now all that is used is the Nvidia Shield Pro.
Firesticks have been put away, and firecube has been packed away also.
The Shield pro streams way better but there is a learning curve to it and once you get that down the rest is easy to figure out. The youtube videos on it helped alot.

Reactions: HipKat and ncted
We have done the same thing, now all that is used is the Nvidia Shield Pro.
Firesticks have been put away, and firecube has been packed away also.
The Shield pro streams way better but there is a learning curve to it and once you get that down the rest is easy to figure out. The youtube videos on it helped alot.
I HATE the remote though. The center button, you better be on the outside edge to toggle up/down/left/right because Select is too easy to hit. Fortunately my LG Magic Remote works everything once I get it powered up

Reactions: Lehman bud farm
I HATE the remote though. The center button, you better be on the outside edge to toggle up/down/left/right because Select is too easy to hit. Fortunately my LG Magic Remote works everything once I get it powered up
You must have huge thumbs! We don't have any issues with the d-pad/select button. I still think the Firestick has the best overall remote of any of the major streaming devices. Roku is a close second, with demerits for putting the volume buttons on the side and, in my opinion, really bad compatibility with a variety of TV sets.

Going to have to look into that remote. Thanks for bringing it up as I have to agree the remote that comes with the shield is a bit tough to manage.

Reactions: HipKat
You must have huge thumbs! We don't have any issues with the d-pad/select button. I still think the Firestick has the best overall remote of any of the major streaming devices. Roku is a close second, with demerits for putting the volume buttons on the side and, in my opinion, really bad compatibility with a variety of TV sets.

Big demerits to Roku! Who in the heck thinks of this crap! I really like my new 2020 Roku Ultra/w Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.
But that's it, because the remote sucks! Roku get a clue,buy a vowel, even Roku's new rechargeable remote does not make me want to buy it.:what2

Big demerits to Roku! Who in the heck thinks of this crap! I really like my new 2020 Roku Ultra/w Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.
But that's it, because the remote sucks! Roku get a clue,buy a vowel, even Roku's new rechargeable remote does not make me want to buy it.:what2
If they would just add Bluetooth to it and let the consumer worry about recharging the batteries.

If they would just add Bluetooth to it and let the consumer worry about recharging the batteries.
I agree about bluetooth but at least it has the earplug connection on the side, if they did have bluetooth they need to allow more then one connection, our last house was on so same my wife and I had to use headphones to not disturb the kids, with a y-adapter we were able to share the connection.

I agree about bluetooth but at least it has the earplug connection on the side, if they did have bluetooth they need to allow more then one connection, our last house was on so same my wife and I had to use headphones to not disturb the kids, with a y-adapter we were able to share the connection.
Yes but that drains the remotes batteries while in use. With Bluetooth you don't have to worry about the wired connection and use the headphones battery to recharge.

Yes but that drains the remotes batteries while in use. With Bluetooth you don't have to worry about the wired connection and use the headphones battery to recharge.
I was buying the bulk pack of AA from Amazon because of the drain, but worth it to keep kids (my last house was only 1000 sq. feet ) and neighbors ( when windows were open and houses were so close together-you could spit and hit the neighbors house ) from complaining.

Now, not a issue, new house is 4500 sq. feet and a acre of property, neighbors hear nothing and the kids are too far away.

Also we just received the new usb rechargeable remote, a lot lighter in weight without the batteries.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I was buying the bulk pack of AA from Amazon because of the drain, but worth it to keep kids (my last house was only 1000 sq. feet ) and neighbors ( when windows were open and houses were so close together-you could spit and hit the neighbors house ) from complaining.

Now, not a issue, new house is 4500 sq. feet and a acre of property, neighbors hear nothing and the kids are too far away.

Also we just received the new usb rechargeable remote, a lot lighter in weight without the batteries.

What's it got? they normally still have batteries,just rechargeable ones.Guess I'm too old school my vision is that Roku's new remote
should have had a charging stand,plus volume button and mute on the top,I guess that's too Harmony.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts