POLL- Voom at the FIGHTS

rang1995

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 30, 2003
Bergen co NJ
over all impressions of the fight last night(the Picture quality and sound and overall production) of course comments are welcome about the matches

i found it overall really great! the picture was fab except for studders,but not that bad--the sound was BAD-Not Vooms fault but the production my god-pad the 5.1 crowd down so we can understand the announcers..this is the best HD broadcat center in the world (fixed) Madison sq Garden but they should know about sound--notice when they had interviews in the dressing room at first you couln't hear then they cut(padded) and you could understand every word.But overall this was the best picture i have seen for vibrant colors and no dropouts pixelization etc.By the way it should be because it's a small ring with the RIGHT lighting for all the shots..
overall great job and thanks VOOM

The Best Picture Quality Yet

Now that's what I call HDTV!!!!

Absolutely stunning picture quality, no artifacts or stuttering for the whole four hours.

And all for $1 !!!

Thanks VOOM......

:)

HD Junkie said:
Now that's what I call HDTV!!!!

Absolutely stunning picture quality, no artifacts or stuttering for the whole four hours.

And all for $1 !!!

Thanks VOOM......

:)

there was some micro stutters there! It was great PQ though.

it was some decent entertainment for a dollar, especially the last fight, (which the big Polish man should of won IMO)! I just feel sorry for those folks that spent 40 on it!

Jay,
I guess I must have looked away for a second or two 'cause I didn't see any picture breakup at all, even with the super-fast punch-throwing.

:shocked

i saw no break up either--just a few quick studders-but that dint bother me just was looking for these things to report to VOOM.overall an A and worth a Buck fifty :)

HD Junkie said:
Jay,
I guess I must have looked away for a second or two 'cause I didn't see any picture breakup at all, even with the super-fast punch-throwing.

:shocked

I didn't say break ups. No PQ was fine very nice. Just the same old micro stutters that are apparent on every channel. There was no pixelation, or break ups. Beautiful HD quality last night. it was really good with the premiums yesterday too.

Yup, PQ was very good, but there were dropped frames throughout the fight. Like people have mentioned, they weren't enough to ruin the event, but they were there alright. The lipsync was very bad at first, but by the time they got to the third fight it was just about perfect. I was having a grand ole time until I passed out during the third fight...:)

Biggest criticism - They should have shown us the round card girls! :p

I didn't see any pixelation. That is what I hate the most! I have notice stuttering on some voom channels, but not last night. The last fight was pretty good, and I thought for sure that someone was going down. Hopefully we can catch the fight with Roy Jones next month.

Loved it!

I even taped it and it looked pretty decent. I hope that VOOM continues to carry boxing events - this is a big plus for sports/boxing fans. If Mike Tyson ever fights on VOOM - let's all hope it is PPR (Pay Per Round!) as his fights don't seem to last long lately. Not that they lasted that long back in the 80's! The $1 to see the fight was just as good as a freebie - Voom must be looking at how many people are interested.

Cheers to VOOM,
James

I also agree, PQ was great. But I didn't care for the round timer clock. It was a hard static image. I was fearful of the potential burn-in threat (granted, maybe I shouldn't have been). But that deterred from the program.

t77054 said:
I also agree, PQ was great. But I didn't care for the round timer clock. It was a hard static image. I was fearful of the potential burn-in threat (granted, maybe I shouldn't have been). But that deterred from the program.

yeah add the VOOM logo too. I could of donw without that one also.

devildogg said:
45 rounds of boxing. Not one shot of the "Ring Girls", have to give this one a B+++. :D

I saw some leg during one round. F for no ring girls. PQ was great. Sound was off like it is on other channels, but don't know if it was caused by the source or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)