Dis your 622 get screwed up by L363

• Yes, it got screwed up

Votes: 127 53.4%
  • It performs the same

Votes: 82 34.5%
  • No it's better than before

Votes: 29 12.2%

• Total voters
No problems here, and I like the new swap sort on recorded events, and the date of original airing is nice too.

No audio problems at all.

I have an optical cable out to my receiver, as well as regular rca audio cables out to the TV.

My experience with L363

1. Fixed my caller ID

2. Some audio drop-outs (recordings only) and mostly right after using the "Skip Forward" button, If I just FF it doesn't happen, other than that maybe 1 or less per hour. I'm using HDMI to DVI with Toslink audio connection.

3. I've experienced no lockups, spontaneous reboots or other strange behaviour. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. :)

NightRyder

Yeah, I have never had issues with audio or a lot of the issues people report in general. I am connected with optical for audio and HDMI to DVI converter.

dishby said:
Probably since latest s/w release, having to reboot a few times a day to get audio back. Is it worth
calling E* to get this resolved? I have occasionally gotten only red/green messed up video on HDMI. Switching to another video input and then switching back seemed to clear up video messing up. Is this E*'s problem?

Yes dishby -- call them. Or email ceo@dishnetwork.com

The more that people call; the more likely they will move quickly.

If you call you could demand some credit for lousy service too. Others have reported getting credits.

First indication of trouble was when I used the pause button during a recorded program, when I restarted the program, no sound. And the lights on the receiver were out. Power recycle got it right. Next night, same thing happened when I started a playing a new program. Also noticing audio pops on some recorded programs, but not all.

Have had the 622 for six months, did lose HDMI function three months ago, but never had to do the power recycle to get it back.

I'm getting audio dropouts and video stuttering again, things that I really didn't have a problem with on L3.60. Why are we going backwards...?

More than 51% of the 186 622 users, that voted on this poll, got their machine screwed up after the last software update. GOOD JOB DISH! :up

Is anything happening with this? It's ridiculous, is one batch of 622's so different from the next that only half the subs have problems? Sounds like pretty crappy quality control, as if these units were built from the left over spare parts bins.

At least re-install L3.60 if they can't get their sh*t together with L3.63, And they do this right in the middle of the fall season starting, just another reason why I still cannot depend on Dish for my local HD.

I get audio drops and dropped frames and have to reset the receiver about once an hour to clear it up. On recorded OTA programs it now says "Data Recovered" with a 1 hour record time, where before it had the correct time but just said Digital Signal. I tried clearing the registers as mentioned earlier, but to still not go.

I have not had, or not noticed some of the problems the rest of you had, though I have had problems.

First, if I Pause an OTA program (or a few select sat channel progs) it pauses fine, but when I go to unpause it, it looks like it is trying to unpause for a second, then it switches to "live mode". You can then skip back to see what you missed, but before it just started up where it left off.

Second, audio is dropping out somtimes. It does not completely go away, it is more like a momentary drop every 3 seconds that usually lasts for about 45 seconds then subsides. It always resolves itself. Have not had to reboot.

Hoping a fix is coming soon.

Atlanta Spot Beam Map

Green Bay Locals in HD on Dish network ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts