Dis your 622 get screwed up by L363

• Yes, it got screwed up

Votes: 127 53.4%
  • It performs the same

Votes: 82 34.5%
  • No it's better than before

Votes: 29 12.2%

• Total voters
Heard through the grapevine that 3.64 is supposed to come out tonight to fix the audio problems. Keeping our fingers crossed!

Tom Bombadil said:
Anytime there is a software update coming, we all have to keep our fingers crossed.

fingers, toes, prayers, acts of contrition, offer your first child to the satellite gods...

all joking aside, I will be praying tonight that they do not make it any worse..:( :( :(

I get my sound from an optical connection.... WNBC HD has a few droputs but the rest have been OK, other than an occasional glitch that is usually cured by jumping back a few seconds.

I don't use the OTA tuner, which may have some impact on things still working...

dbconsultant said:
Heard through the grapevine that 3.64 is supposed to come out tonight to fix the audio problems. Keeping our fingers crossed!

Your grapevine was a good one!

L3.65 is now on my 622!!!!

So this history seems to be that software is flaky when a new box comes out. Then it stablizes and then they come out with an update. Then the update messes up what was once a solid box. Finally, a new box magically comes out with an upgrade deal. What is the new box and when? Gotta love this company. LOL

A receiver can go through several good and bad periods during its life.

My old 7100 was flaky when it came out. Then it got better with some updates. Then it almost stopped working for a while with other updates - some people had boxes that marginally worked for 12-18 months. Then it got better again.

I've been with E* for 8+ years. I'd say about 25% of the updates have made my receivers worse. I always cringe when I hear "new update." Like I am cringing right now because I know my 622 just got updated today.

dbconsultant said:
You mean you heard from me? :D I hope this does take care of the problems, and i really hope there is a difference between .65 and the 2nd beta software i was on, because i had 2 audio dropouts on the 2nd beta software yesturday.

cooldude919 said:
You mean you heard from me? :D I hope this does take care of the problems, and i really hope there is a difference between .65 and the 2nd beta software i was on, because i had 2 audio dropouts on the 2nd beta software yesturday.

So how did you become a beta tester Cooldude? Sounds like a dangerous job! :D

I hope you are right too!!!

rockymtnhigh said:
So how did you become a beta tester Cooldude? Sounds like a dangerous job! :D

I hope you are right too!!!
Well Mark over on DBS is a liaison between DBS and dishnetwork. Dish asked him for a few beta testers to try some new firmware to try to get a fix out quickly for this whole .63 mess. I msg'd him to sign up on monday(hey i guessi live on the edge), and monday night i got the first beta, and tuesday i got another. I didnt start having major problems(i still had small split second audio dropouts a little) until wed, where i had 2 total losses. So anyway, i guess i will see what happens when i get home tonight, hopefully everyones work paid off

cooldude919 said:
Well Mark over on DBS is a liaison between DBS and dishnetwork. Dish asked him for a few beta testers to try some new firmware to try to get a fix out quickly for this whole .63 mess. I msg'd him to sign up on monday(hey i guessi live on the edge), and monday night i got the first beta, and tuesday i got another. I didnt start having major problems(i still had small split second audio dropouts a little) until wed, where i had 2 total losses. So anyway, i guess i will see what happens when i get home tonight, hopefully everyones work paid off
Say what bro?

One of the Dish Beta testers has "2 total losses" using the 2nd beta on Wed and Dish downloads the 3.65 update to 3.63 (you do the math) on Thurs. PM to all users :eek:

Looks like we are ALL living on the edge :(

Talon Dancer

TalonDancer said:
Say what bro?

One of the Dish Beta testers has "2 total losses" using the 2nd beta on Wed and Dish downloads the 3.65 update to 3.63 (you do the math) on Thurs. PM to all users :eek:

Looks like we are ALL living on the edge :(

Talon Dancer
Well i guess i shouldnt say total loss, but just loss on 1 tuner. Was watching a dvr'd program, it was over, went to start another, and when i did i had no audio. I could do the PIP swap trick, and then i had sound, but if i swaped back, then i had no sound. I had to do a reboot to get sound back on both tuners. The lady in charge of the beta never directly replied to any of my emails, even the one i sent last night saying i was still having problems, on the 2nd beta. She only responded to the group as a whole. :(

The other loss didnt happen to me, but my girlfriend said it lost sound while she was just watching normal live sat tv.

Last edited:
cooldude919 said:
Well i guess i shouldnt say total loss, but just loss on 1 tuner. Was watching a dvr'd program, it was over, went to start another, and when i did i had no audio. I could do the PIP swap trick, and then i had sound, but if i swaped back, then i had no sound. I had to do a reboot to get sound back on both tuners. The lady in charge of the beta never directly replied to any of my emails, even the one i sent last night saying i was still having problems, on the 2nd beta. She only responded to the group as a whole. :(

The other loss didnt happen to me, but my girlfriend said it lost sound while she was just watching normal live sat tv.

Hey, there should not be a loss on ANY Tuner, nor should there be a loss of audio.

I agree with the last post. We are all living on the edge. :mad:

I don't believe any of us appreciate exactly how difficult a job it is to create the programming on the boxes. Microsoft Windows XP has been out 5 years now and they are still sending fixes and corrections out at least weekly, most are positive but some have negative consequences. It is the same with the software for the 622, incredibly complex, but we expect perfection right out of the chute. How many of us have ever debugged code - its awful.

By the way, my 622 is a "B" model and it has been solid as a rock since day 1 (February 15, 2006). The first couple of months It would lock up and reboot once every week or so, but now (the last four or five months) I have had NO problems whatsoever (knock on wood).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts