Poor color on H-21

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Angelo

Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
Can someone advise me on this. My Samsung LN-2654d had excellent color with my old H20-100. Unfortunately, that receiver had some issues and was replaced with a factory rebuilt H21-100. Now, I can not adjust the color satisfactorily. The skin tones are reddish. In component mode and hdmi mode, this TV doesn't allow you to adjust the Tint. I can only adjust color warmth settings which are Warm 2, Warm 1, Normal, Cool 1, Cool 2. Is is possible that this box is defective or is this characteristic of the H21? Thanks for any help.

With the component have you made sure its connected correctly?

Have you maybe tried the box with another TV ?

Have you tried alternate sets of cables?

Connected properly

Thanks for the response. Everything is connected properly. I do not have another TV to check the receiver on, but the older H20-100 had beautiful color with the same exact set up.

Angelo,

I have a H21-200 and a Samsung TV similar to yours. My first guess is that the H21 is bad.

You can however change the color settings of the Samsung TV by going into the service menu. Search this website or the internet for "samsung service menu" for instructions.

I believe that every HDTV should be calibrated. I suggest that you get the TV calibrated.

Good luck!

Well why was the h20 replaced? its possible the problem with that is also a result your seeing now, related or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)