Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Tuesday night, we had one heckuva storm in MN

-hail for about 1/2 hour
-torrential rains
-65+ mph winds for 1/2 hour

Happened to find this picture of a trasmitter dish from a radio station that basically got totalled

see all their pictures here

Attachments

• KCGN06.jpg
    KCGN06.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 185
I guess my contacts in Minneapolis weren't kidding about the storm the other night!

I'm glad it wasnt' one of your new 90cm dishes :D.

Shawn95GT said:
I guess my contacts in Minneapolis weren't kidding about the storm the other night!

I'm glad it wasnt' one of your new 90cm dishes :D.

Yeah exactly

I got woken up at 12:35 with hail hitting the window…I looked out and couldn’t see anything. I went to the living room and looked out the deck and couldn’t see the edge of it (where the DirecPC and the 36” is). I thought they were all goners : (

Stopped hailing and the wind died down about 1:15 and I went outside to see if they were still there….they were :D

Todd Wiedemann said:
The question is:

What were your signal levels ?? I'm sure you checked.

:D

I was too tired to check :)

I went up in the bedroom and turned on the second PBS station, which has radar weather from midnight-5PM and all day weekends and saw a blob going over my county…I waited it out.

The way it was pouring, I have a feeling ALL signals were NADA :D

This hurricane season, I will be bringing in all my dishes whenever there is a hurricane warning. I hate hurricane season here in Florida.

PnM, good point.
More members are buying larger dishes now and it'd be prudent to take them down, especially those on the East coast.
The Winegard is an easy 4 bolt job, I lost count of how many times I took it down over the last year or so in anticipation of a storm.
Some of these bigger dishes aren't so easy.

PopcornNMore said:
This hurricane season, I will be bringing in all my dishes whenever there is a hurricane warning. I hate hurricane season here in Florida.

Yep, as Arlene just proved, the summer months are like playing Russian Roulette for those of us who live near the Gulf of Mexico :(

I was afraid I'd have to pull down my dishes and NPRM's from the shed if it had gone this way, but it was only a Category 1, I'd probably have left everything up there.

Tron

Status
Please reply by conversation.