Poor signal on one receiver only

pcfixhenning

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Henning, Minnesota
I have a dish network 500 HD setup installed about 3 years ago with a VIP 722 in one room and a VIP 211k in the basement, I am recently having poor signal on my 722, only about 25 signal quality, so I tried adjusting dish and could only get up to about 35, nothing appears to be in the way of dish, I decided to check signal quality on my 211k and I have good signal of about 80, now that tells me the dish is not the problem but I don't exactly know what else is in the system that could cause poor signal on only one receiver, I know there is some switch or transponder but don't know what they do. Can anyone tell me if I'm heading in the right direction and what to check next. Thanks.

the recievers are cabled independently from a switch which allows one cable to go to one reciever and one to the other the cable can't be split so if you have higher signal one of the recievers it sounds like bad cable or possibly corroded connectors on the cables you need a tech to come and fix this and repeak your dish call tech support

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)