Poor Signal Strength after the new HD launch ? Try this fix

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bbd24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Once the new HD channels started to launch, I was getting a " searching for satellite signal " message on some of the channels. Not all of the new HD, but some. For example, I got the searching message on channel 282 ( AP HD ), 267 ( Smithsonian HD ) , and 331 ( MTV HD ). The other HD channels were fine. I'd tune to the signal strength meter in my settings and the 103 b signal would read, 60 % .

After 4 technicians came out, we finally discovered the problem. Bad multiswitch. The techinicians kept saying that I needed a new dish. But I wouldnt sign off on anything so they could go. It was there 4th time out and I wanted it fixed. So after a couple of hours, I told him to replace the multiswitch that was installed back when the dish was setup. He replaced it and now my strength reads 94. Big difference.

Anyways, if you have a problem like this, I would suggest replacing the multiswitch. It could be a different problem such as the dish, but have them try all issues before they want to leave. Just FYI.

Thanks, BBD24. My issue was a bad LNB so something else to consider too.

Cool. Could be anything I guess. Bad dish. Bad LNB. Bad band converters. Or bad Multiswitch.

Its tough, because most of the installers just want a quick fix and then off to there next appointment. The last 2 installers recommended that I get a new dish. It wasn't the case.

Tough to troubleshoot at times.

Cool. Could be anything I guess. Bad dish. Bad LNB. Bad band converters. Or bad Multiswitch.

Its tough, because most of the installers just want a quick fix and then off to there next appointment. The last 2 installers recommended that I get a new dish. It wasn't the case.

Tough to troubleshoot at times.

Thats because they are paid by the job, instead of the hour.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts