Pop-up message: “The EHD will need to be formatted and all information will be lost”

The missing partition issue is similar to what happened to me. When I tried to mount it on a linux system one of the 3 partitions that I had on my 750GB hard drive wouldn't mount. I ran the linux file system repair utility against that partition (e2fsck) and it said that the partition had a missing or corrupt superblock. I let the repair process run on the drive and it was able to fix the superblock issue and also fixed a lot of other problems it identified with the partition structure at the same time - it ran pretty much all night long but when it finished I was able to reconnect the drive to the dvr and access my media.

My external HD has 3 partitions on it - mounted under my linux vm:

/dev/sdb1 = 1GB
/dev/sdb2 = 500GB
/dev/sdb3 = 198GB

The only folder in /dev/sdb1 is lost+found but both /dev/sdb2 and dev/sdb3 have the DishArc folders.

Not sure what the purpose of the 1GB sdb1 partition is but it is there on my drive.

When I had the corruption I couldn't mount /dev/sdb2. that was the partition that I had to run 'e2fsck -f -v /dev/sdb2' on when I was getting the drive must be formatted error message.

Attachments

• ehd.JPG
    ehd.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 90
OK, you got something unusual - so far all EHD disks had two partitions: 1st - 1GB, 2nd - rest of disk space.
Could be 750 GB specific, is someone have 1 TB disk for check partitioning ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts