POPEYE'S Louisiana Kitchen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MCIBUS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
Bell Fibe TV Land
One will be opening near my place. Since they are new to Canada and never tried it, 3 questions.

1) How good is it?
2)Like KFC or Rotisserie style?
3)Do they offer home delivery?

I like it better than KFC. There is no home delivery here. Our local Popeyes is probably the most disorganized fast food restaurant, ever.... But, I like the chicken! ;)

They are a little pricey for some of their meals in my opinion. They do have a new box meal that is a good deal (sans beverage) - worth your time. Food is generally very good, tho.

Tonare1

All their food is great, including the iced tea.

Never considered them pricey.

No where near as greasy as KFC.

They almost always have shrimp or fish or crawfish also available.

Love 'em AND their red beans. Heck, green beans too!

Most KFC restaurants have grilled as well as pressure-cooker deep-fried chicken. Popeyes has only deep-fried, but they do have mild and spicy varieties. Yum.

Just read a article in our local paper we are getting a Popeyes, we have a few in the area but they are scattered around

Our local Popeyes is probably the most disorganized fast food restaurant, ever....

I'm not sure I've ever been in one that wasn't a train-wreck! o_O

That said, I like their cajun fish, and their chicken is pretty good...but prefer Bojangles chicken! :D

It is Cajun style fried chicken (As others have mentioned there are two levels of spiciness). the sides are biscuits and various Cajun style side dishes. For fast food chicken it is quite good. The prices in my area are a bit high and i prefer rotisserie chicken but if you followed me around (a boring proposition) you would catch me at Popeye's once in awhile.

I find the quality variable. Very good when the staff cares, but it can easily become dry if they don't. Around here, Popeyes is only in the 'lesser' parts of town and it often shows.

On the plus side, less greasy and less salty than KFC. The sides are good and also different.

I love Popeye’s! We got one here in the Buffalo area a few years ago, but it’s only one location and it’s in the city and I’ve never been to it. At my previous job I was out in the Rochester area a few days a week and they have two locations, and would usually hit one up once a week. All I ever got was their chicken, I don’t eat seafood of any kind, and I loved it. I’m not a big fan of KFC, I’ll eat it if someone else buys or wants to go there, but I’ll never go there just by myself. So of course I think Popeye’s is 100x better than KFC. Their spicy chicken strips are not quite to my level of spicy, but better than similar items at other fast food joints. Also I LOVE their biscuits! When I get a combo meal, I always order an extra biscuit, if I didn’t feel like fries that day I substitute and get a third biscuit.

And yes, the two locations in Rochester were disorganized. Service was generally slow, one time they ran out of chicken, the truck was due 'any minute now' (and this was at like 3 or 4 in the afternoon), twice their credit card terminals were down, resulting in me going else ware since I don’t carry cash. And it seemed like there was always a booth or two that was roped off because the table was broken, or something. In May when I went to Virginia, we had a busy day and didn’t eat dinner until very late, and we stopped at the Popeye’s in Front Royal, and surprisingly there were pretty on the ball, I had to wait a few minutes longer (but not as long as I’m used to) because it was right before close, they had a drive through rush and there was only two, maybe three people working. Gave both my wife and I and extra piece of chicken for the trouble. And I opted for biscuit substitution, but they gave me fries anyhow.

My favorite fast food chicken place is Chick fil a, but I’ve only been there twice. Popeye’s is a close second.

One will be opening near my place. Since they are new to Canada and never tried it, 3 questions.

1) How good is it?
2)Like KFC or Rotisserie style?
3)Do they offer home delivery?
1) I luv it
2) KFC Crispy with Fire
3) Not that I know of, but that would probably depend on the individual franchise.

All their food is great, including the iced tea.

Never considered them pricey.

No where near as greasy as KFC.

They almost always have shrimp or fish or crawfish also available.

Love 'em AND their red beans. Heck, green beans too!

i was with you until the green beans. not my favorite side. when did they phase out the corn on the cob?

They didn't. You just need to know to ask for it off menu. My wife's favorite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)