What Kind of Cookware is in your Kitchen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
HIFI bought me a cast iron skillet for Christmas. I only know because he took Rhiannon with him and she is not good at keeping secrets. :D So he gave it to me early. Gonna use it tomorrow. So excited!

Not for my kitchen, but for camping... picked up at Advantage over the weekend, was going to season it but, it's already seasoned.

Attachments

• Lodge 2.jpg
    Lodge 2.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 222
  • Lodge.jpg
    Lodge.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 232
  • Lodge 1.jpg
    Lodge 1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 249
I've never had luck with pre-seasoned cast iron. I have that same grill pan and two Lodge skillets, and I wound up seasoning them anyway. I use the burner from the turkey fryer because it can get the iron screaming hot and I don't have to worry about the lard smoke in the house.. Same with my wok..

For daily cooking I use t-fal.. It seems to stand up to the most abuse of all the non-stick brands I've tried..

My favorite cookware is actually outside.. I grill at least once a week year round. I have been seen grilling in a blizzard on more than one occasion.. :D. And while I can appreciate the convenience of gas, I only use charcoal and wood.

Last edited:
Not for my kitchen, but for camping... picked up at Advantage over the weekend, was going to season it but, it's already seasoned.
Used this again last weekend camping, just re-seasoned a probably 30 year old cast iron skillet I had stored at my old house, had never been cooked on till this morning. (bacon & eggs)eggs didn't stick so I must have done it right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)