Portable Dish Mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wholeshoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
All

I am looking for ideas for a cheap portable dish mount that is strong enough to hold up a SG-2100 and a 30" Fortec.

Mainly I want to be able to move it around the yard and expierment on where I can obtain the best spot to put the dish. Also I am moving in the next few months so it needs to be substansial not to move in a light breeze and be about 4 to 6 foot off the ground to see over the house in one spot I want to try.

I thought about the pvc upside down mount but it is low to the ground and winters a coming. We had some snowflakes flying around in the air today.

Pictures would be great!

Thanks

Wholeshoe

Pete

Thanks for the link, actually I am looking for something that is more home brew, I need a project.

BTW at work in the next few months it looks like we will be erecting 6 or so Non-Pen Roof mounts with 3.8M C-Band dishes on them on a roof of a 6 story building! That ought to be fun and if I'm there I will take some pictures to post.

Wholeshoe

If you're wanting to build one, a bunch of angle stock could put one together pretty quick.

Sadoun's Site has some nice pics of theirs.

A friend of mine dropped off what looks to be a home-brew non-pen mount not unlike the one pictured at Sadoun's site. The only difference is that the mast is at the center of mine :). For the mast they used a 2" schedule 40 galvinized pipe (2 3/8" OD). It's the exact same pipe I used when I planted my BUD.

I'll get some pics tomorrow if you'd like.

I put my P* dish and pole in large bucket then filled with concrete. It stayed upright but I could still drag it around the yard.

Pics of the non-pen mount

This might have been a kit but I'm guessing they at least upgraded the mast. It looks pretty easy to reproduce. The last pic is of the antenna that was on this mast. It was used for a long wifi link :cool: .

Shawn

Last edited:
I think I might try a bucket of cement and a pole, I might also put a coupler just out of the concrete so the pole could be taken off for transport.

two ideas

One a wooden pallet

two a stand used to hold a padio umbrolla(sp)

Wholeshoe said:
All

I am looking for ideas for a cheap portable dish mount that is strong enough to hold up a SG-2100 and a 30" Fortec.

Mainly I want to be able to move it around the yard and expierment on where I can obtain the best spot to put the dish. Also I am moving in the next few months so it needs to be substansial not to move in a light breeze and be about 4 to 6 foot off the ground to see over the house in one spot I want to try.

I thought about the pvc upside down mount but it is low to the ground and winters a coming. We had some snowflakes flying around in the air today.

Pictures would be great!

Thanks

Wholeshoe

Maybe a palllet with one of those adapters scewed to it that will accept a pipe. You know like you see when a pipe railing comes up out of the floor or off from a concrete wall.

I have in the past mounted the mounting arm to a piece of plywood and then placed a sediment block on the plywood. (or use large rocks) Works good for a temporary mount, but puts the dish only a few inches off the ground. Instead of using concreate in your pail, fill with rocks and sand. This way if it is only temporary, you can just empty the pail and not end up with a chunk of cement to get rid of. If you are afraid of the pole turning in the pail, then use a couple of U bolts to attach it to the side of the pail.

Good idea I like it,

I might try it tomorrow if the weather is good.

Wholeshoe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)