Posible bug with new Firmware dated 8/23

Vondertrenk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
Canada
Hi There
I believe something change changed with the new firmware. Even though it has a lot of new things that I love, I found out that anoyiing thing; the menu keeps the previous position in memory for the installation menu rather than the current pisition.
Example;
Let's say I am watching a channel in 50 W and decided I want to watch RTV in 87 W. i pushed the SAT button in the control, pick the 87W sat and choose the RTV channel. The motor will rotate to 87W and everyhting is OK so far.

However let's say that I found in Lyngsat that there is a new channel(s) in 87W . I want to blind scan 87W to pick it up. I go to the INSTALLATION Menu and choose for example Antenna Setup or LNB List. In both cases the Motor will rotate back to my previous channel at located at 50 W instead of staying at 87W, the current position. It is anoynning. That situation did not occurr in the previous firmware. When the Installation menu was open, the satellite on the diferent menu options was the current, no the previous.

I believe that's been brought up already, in another thread. That thread talked about the same subject, the lack of "stickiness" of the current satellite in all menus. :) I suspect it'll be fixed shortly. It IS aggravating.

Thank you for reporting this bug!

I just confirmed this issue. In reviewing the logs, appears that the incorrect build was compiled.

Sorry about this mistake!

Version 0.0.11 will be quickly released to correct.

Thanks Brian!
Note: I am not trying to hijack any post, there are so many lately, that is imposible to review all of them. If it was posted before, please acept my apologies. My intention is trying to help to make the micro HD better everyday. It is actually an excellent machine, I am quite happy. It is quite sensible also, I was able to scan 3800 H @ 87W with micro HD, something that was never able before with the Openbox S9!

it was not for Brian but for brentb636 that mentioned someone else already posted it.
Thanks for the rapid fix on V.11
Jeez, you certainly don't owe anyone any apologies for posting the issue. Even if you HAD read the earlier post I mentioned , you might not have related it to your specific issue, but the basic subject was the same. The fact that in certain menus, we've come to expect the current satellite to be "sticky", and THAT stickiness has disappeared . :) Keep on posting. :)

I know Iceberg already mentioned this bug on his thread. Just to let you know, mine is now (after FW udpate) going back to 50W after opening TP menu first. As Iceberg says, an extra annoying step.
However it is working well in the Single sat scan and motor menus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts